N18 Closing the gap

megasaxon

Juve
Sep 24, 2020
Hi all,

As an Escher player, I want to get my gals into combat. This can be tricky against long-range-focused opponents though. I find myself throwing smoke and flash grenades, lurking round corners ready to pounce, using the Hyper stimm to (expensively) extend my Death Maiden's charge/movement, and using Spring Up to get charges off. A recent idea I had was using a stun grenade then a flash grenade to force a 5/6 chance of the flash grenade working (not tried it yet, keen to hear if anyone has!)

Any other tips for closing the gap without getting pinned/shot to bits?

Thanks!

Scabs

Gang Champion
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
Cover, cover, cover. That's how you defeat (or, don't always lose to) long-ranged-focused opponents. Necromunda needs more cover (terrain, scatter terrain, etc.) than 40K or Kill Team. Else shooty gangs dominate. Yawn.

Reactions: DamianK

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
A recent idea I had was using a stun grenade then a flash grenade to force a 5/6 chance of the flash grenade working (not tried it yet, keen to hear if anyone has!)
Your plan is to use two fighter activations to have a 5/6 chance of making your opponent lose one of his?

Edit:
And it's not even a 5/6 chance. Both grenades need to hit first.

GratLurking

Aug 9, 2019
Finesse skills are certainly worth looking into for more dedicated melee characters as well. Somersault will allow you to get a move that ignores Overwatch, Acrobatics allow a bit of movement shenaniganry, and of course abusing gaining Versatile on common weapon types via Combat Virtuoso for 3"+ (except for Wyld Runners) of wiggle room to fight with atop of your typical charge distance.