N18 Closing the gap

megasaxon

Juve
Sep 24, 2020
Hi all,

As an Escher player, I want to get my gals into combat. This can be tricky against long-range-focused opponents though. I find myself throwing smoke and flash grenades, lurking round corners ready to pounce, using the Hyper stimm to (expensively) extend my Death Maiden's charge/movement, and using Spring Up to get charges off. A recent idea I had was using a stun grenade then a flash grenade to force a 5/6 chance of the flash grenade working (not tried it yet, keen to hear if anyone has!)

Any other tips for closing the gap without getting pinned/shot to bits?

Thanks!

Scabs

Gang Hero
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
Cover, cover, cover. That's how you defeat (or, don't always lose to) long-ranged-focused opponents. Necromunda needs more cover (terrain, scatter terrain, etc.) than 40K or Kill Team. Else shooty gangs dominate. Yawn.

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
A recent idea I had was using a stun grenade then a flash grenade to force a 5/6 chance of the flash grenade working (not tried it yet, keen to hear if anyone has!)
Your plan is to use two fighter activations to have a 5/6 chance of making your opponent lose one of his?

Edit:
And it's not even a 5/6 chance. Both grenades need to hit first.

GratLurking

Aug 9, 2019
Finesse skills are certainly worth looking into for more dedicated melee characters as well. Somersault will allow you to get a move that ignores Overwatch, Acrobatics allow a bit of movement shenaniganry, and of course abusing gaining Versatile on common weapon types via Combat Virtuoso for 3"+ (except for Wyld Runners) of wiggle room to fight with atop of your typical charge distance.

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
Have you considered falsehoods? They are an item that can totally be abused but if you are in a meta that is stacked against you based on gangs and terrain and you can refrain from abusing them they can be a great support item.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Use more cover, if models are having to run out in the open and out of cover then you aren't using enough.

Aside from that, smoke to close firing lanes, Sprint to cover ground, Spring Up to mitigate pinning