N18 Collected Errors/Typos in The Book of Judgement

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Not exactly an error, but very bad practice:

Renaming the existing special rule "Independent" (Phyrr cat) to "Swoop" (Grapplehawk). They were able to reprint the rules for it, but didn't bother reprinting rules for "Flight" and instead called it "Fly".

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Another error:

Small Target (Gyrinx cat) is missing the effect of never being an eligible target efor stray shots (Giant Rat).

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Ok, I will add the appropriate changes to post 1. I guess I should start cataloging suspicious new weapon profiles in addition to old weapon conflicts with previous printings.

Baffo

Gang Champion
Aug 2, 2018
Ljubljana
Page 92: Vunder Gorvos' Stub gun has the (outdated) Pistol trait instead of the (currently used) Sidearm trait.

Also his Wargear lists ''2x Gold plated and Master-crafted Stub guns'' but his card shows 1x Stub gun, 1x Shotgun and 1x Sword (3x Weapons, he's a Hive scum, so he should be able to carry only 3 weapons I belive) - I believe the Wargear listing '2x' is just a typo and if removed the card should work fine.

Page 108: The first and last 'Corrupted' close combat weapons profiles show the hit bonus under the Short range modifier, rather than under Long rangs (as E=engagement for melee weapons is always listed unde Long range unless it is a Versatile weapon) - I know this is just a formatting error, but it is a deviance from the standard formatting and if this comes up on a Versatile weapon, it does actually matter how it is shown.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Since there is an established history of having different pets and brutes use the same named weapon with different stats, and vice-versa, I'm not going to count that as an error. It is annoying, but is a decision that has been made.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
I'm hedging on this being deliberate for consistency among gas rounds across the various shotgun types. Considering they are Limited and Scarce it's probably not bad that they have longer ranges, which is not unheard of. I'm more concerned about how limited and scarce interact. I will add this to the list in the top post with a note that it could be intended.

el_guestos

Ganger
Aug 2, 2018
Leeds, England, UK
I'm hedging on this being deliberate for consistency among gas rounds across the various shotgun types. Considering they are Limited and Scarce it's probably not bad that they have longer ranges, which is not unheard of. I'm more concerned about how limited and scarce interact. I will add this to the list in the top post with a note that it could be intended.
That was what I thought until I saw the Sawn Off Shotgun, Edit... sawn off has normal range with these ammo types

Last edited:
Reactions: TopsyKretts

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
All noted, will add later. I'm leaning towards Vunder being special as a Dramatis Personae, but will note the conflict.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
I'm don't have my book on hand right now, yeah that certainly sounds like an error.

Edit: apparently it was not.

Last edited:

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I wonder if these old outdated weapon stats and traits indicate that they were developed a long time ago? Or they have copy-pasted old fighter cards / weapon profiles when creating them newly.

The 2x pistol could be a copy-paste from Kal Jericho, he also has 2x master crafted pistols. If it is a copy-paste error, what else may be wrong? Master-crafted? Gold-plated? Who knows what weapons and equipment these bounty hunters actually should have?!?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Not necessary an error, but something unclear: Is the Gyrinx Cat a sanctioned or non-sanctioned psyker? This is quite an unique situation, as it is a pet, a fighter and a psyker. Perhaps a psyker does not need to be sanctioned or non-sanctioned?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Note that the Assail (Basic) wyrd power is in a shorter simplified form for Gyrinx cat (page 117) and Ghast (page 124). The full version (page 25) looks similar or identical to Assail from previous books.

Gyrinx cat's Pyromancy (page 117) can only be used for a close combat weapon. Gyrinx cat doesn't have any ranged weapon, so the original would be useless. Ghast's Pyromancy (page 124) on the other hand specifies ranged weapon (matching Pyromancy from previous books).

Scouring (Basic) wyrd power (page 25) is not identical to the one for Chaos Cult, but does match at least one previous publication (most likely Perils book).

Last edited:

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
I'm leaning towards the Bosun and Scum having their stats the wrong way round, and the Scum should have the weedy S2 and the Bosun should be the beefy brute.
That still doesn't make sense to me. All other ogryn stat lne models have had unique weapons: augmetic fists, open fists, claws, grav-fists, etc. The Bosun has a shotgun, knife and mesh armor.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
The Grinx should probably use the more fleshed out Assail, as it covers collisions. But on the other hand... maybe it is a weaker psyker and can't cause such damage The Pyromancy is a logical change. I am taking the Scouring as an update to the Cult rules. The Cult players in my campaigns bemoaned the uselessness of continuous effect powers, which Assail was.