• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

N18 Collected Errors/Typos in The House of Chains

DGB81

Juve
Mar 4, 2021
Page 148 of House of Chains gives the weapon profiles for both assault grenade launchers and regular grenade launchers. Both can take stun rounds with 18" range, rapid fire, concussion, but no blast.
With the rules errata for enforcer grenade launchers I guess it's clear GW wants them to not have the blast rule.
I guess that makes them a very niche ammo type. If a target is next to a hole in zone mortalis it could be worth using, plus the better ammo roll to reload. Not much use besides that.
Also, with assault grenade launchers, stun rounds aren't unstable, so if there's only one target, you can fire without risking blowing up your stimmer.
They come included as standard so it's not so bad - would be nice if they had blast though.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
With the rules errata for enforcer grenade launchers I guess it's clear GW wants them to not have the blast rule.
The GL stun ammo didn't have Blast in the first place (Book of Judgement). The profile in HoC is an obvious copy-paste error from the assaul version.

Last edited:

Atyuiop

Juve
Nov 29, 2017
usa
Does the community think assault grenade launchers (twin linked) should have twin-liked trait or is it listed in the name for narrative purposes only.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
How exactly are the Stimmer grenade launchers supposed to work? One blast marker that hits multiple times?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Does the community think assault grenade launchers (twin linked) should have twin-liked trait or is it listed in the name for narrative purposes only.
Narrative only. I think the twin-linked trait was new in Van Saar book.

From old 40k experience, twin-linked means 2 of the same weapon physically attached together.
Space_Wolf_Razorback.gif

So carrying 2 weapons is not traditionally twin-linked. These days, anything could change, so who knows? But it didn't strike me as a mistake for the weapon not to have twin-linked. There are however other cases that make me doubt. For example Lisbeth's Twin Linked heavy las carbine.