N18 Collected Errors/Typos in the N21 Rulebook (Hive War)

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
That’s a bit annoying but not the end of it all! I think HoC mentions seismic on one DP but it’s not included in the book.
Obviously you can find it elsewhere but it’d be nice if something was mentioned in a book it was also included so you don’t have to play librarian mid-way in a game.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
HoC is different because it is an add-on. It relies on other books, for example main rule books. Hive War rulebook is different because it is standalone and doesn't reference any other books. It's supposed to be self-contained.

Mar 18, 2013
There's a scenario in which attackers are trying to defile the defenders' relic that mentions losing the Cool and Leadership bonuses after it's defiled but it doesn't state what those bonuses are before it's defiled.
(Hardback rulebook had a similar 'Sneak Attack' scenario in which it was +2 if within 6", but that was specific to one scenario and hasn't been carried over to generic scenario special rules in more recent books from what I can see. I'm failing to find generic Gang Relic rules outside of that scenario, even though the Escher Chymist Cult Relic is said to follow the generic rules, only losing those when defiled and retaining it's own unique rules.)

Reactions: TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Yes, it is an error because this is intended to be standalone. For the generic rules, those should be available somewhere or inferred from wherever they are detailed. As far as I can remember there has never been inconsistencies for the generic/universal gang relic rules. Probably printed and reprinted several times in N17-N18, then slowly faded away and now only rarely referenced.