Collecting streetsigns and posters thread

Bjecki

Gang Champion
Feb 20, 2014
Morwell VIC 3840
Here are a couple of the propaganda posters I have used/have on file, mainly for 40k but I'm sure the Imperium needs to recruit form everywhere ;)

tumblr_mlgz8lasmZ1s9c9oko4_1280.jpg

MoTE_propaganda.png

Reactions: Rusty101

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
I made a post in the Inspiration thread that was more of potential posters, all just pop-Scifi references. This is an awesome idea for a thread @Tulkas. While it may be double posting the same info on the site, I'm gonna copy my post from the other thread over to here as this is a much more fitting location. @djmothra also has some Necro signs that would fit well here.

Any Yakkers have insight on easy ways to format the sizes of images down in paint/ whatever so that you can premeasure on a piece of terrain how big you want it to be (in inches or cm's) and then set it so that it will print to exactly that size?

Edit: ...can this thread get stickied?

Last edited:

Bjecki

Gang Champion
Feb 20, 2014
Morwell VIC 3840
I'd say go ahead and do that @djmothra, once there is enough to fill a page worth create the doc/update the original to have more pages. Also thinking a page of hazard strips would be handy for people. I got one I use but have been meaning to make a freshy as the one I have is slightly pixely. I can make one up in Illustrator if you guys think that would be handy for others.

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Supporter
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
On my plog, I have a print out of the Vault Download, but I amended slightly, yes, it has the Hazard Stripes on already - already thought of my man (y)

Reactions: Bjecki

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
If someone skilled could perhaps gather the images in a file, that'd be great. Perhaps in different dimension, eg. In the one file theyre all 2x4cm, in the next 4x8cm etc. Also if someone can tell me how many pixels is a centimeter, thatd be real useful too for making custom size images.

Reactions: Blood Donor

djmothra

Magister Competere
Yak Supporter
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jan 6, 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, VietNam
Ok, Put the posters here that you want and I'll make a new file for the Vault and upload it when the page is full.

cropped-hazard-stripes-texture.jpg

listening.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6dVR3rBJxA-iz6pGkEbEd4INvCADmt_6-d3uJx8Glxgoo3czvLg.jpg

There's plenty more too!

Reactions: Tulkas

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
While I love the vast majority of these, I really can't wait to find a place for the first Monsters poster as I liked the movie a lot. Here are a lot of mine (trying hard not to repeat):

These are cool, but probably need some sort of captions:

Not Imperium of Man:

Ok, not sure if is good for a poster, but really looks like it could be a scene from Necromunda. Maybe someone could do something with it?

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
I think posters should be equally welcome, some of the detail in a few of these submissions seems like they would be torched when they were formatted to size though. Any input yet from anyone on how to print out to pre-measured sizes?

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
The thread is titled 'collecting street signs and posters' though. Personally I think both are great. Some posters on some billboards are always a welcome sight, as well as propaganda posted on alley walls.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Said street signs, ment street signs and posters, as opposed to the Inspirational bits. So street signs and posters. There is already an Inspirations thread somewhere, no need for anything thats not a streetsign or a poster in my opinion.

RobStrachan

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Nov 4, 2013
Tokyo
On the old Eastern Fringe there was a sheet of lots of posters that could be printed out and stuck to terrain. They were all the right size (really small like). Does anybody know what I am talking about and do they still have it?