• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

Bug Community Edition Skills

CarpeMortis

Ganger
Feb 17, 2011
One definite, and one possible bug with Community Edition skills.

First: "Sprint" is labeled "Spring".

Second: There is no option to use the Heavy and Leader skills that are available in the "advanced" PDF package on the Community Edition site. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. I've got them added as custom skills, but it would be nice to not have to scroll through the "Living Rulebook" versions, since they are not even part of the same ruleset.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I'll fix Spring

I didn't realize there were different versions of the Leader and Heavy skills. So I should have an LRB version of them both as well as a CE version? So the ones I have as global atm are LRB only versions?

CarpeMortis

Ganger
Feb 17, 2011
Like the LRB, CE has no Leader/Heavy skills in the main rule book. They are added in supplemental PDFs. The CE versions are found in the "advanced" download, in a PDF called Leader and Heavy Skills. However my custom skills are direct Copy/Pastes from that PDF, and are all labeled (ACE).

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
I didn't realize that the Leader and Heavy skills were designed for CE but that makes sense considering some of the name changes and re-allocation from the existing skill sets to the Leader and Heavy only.

So the Leader and Heavy skills should be available for CE only and not appear when in LRB mode?

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Nevermind, I realized that those skill groups should only be available CE since the leader and heavy only ones were moved there.

CarpeMortis

Ganger
Feb 17, 2011
Not quite! There are TWO sets of leader and heavy skills, one for LRB published by fanatic, and one for CE published by Mr. Case. The set you had as global was the LRB, The set I had labeled as (ACE) was CE.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
hmm... I really need to finalize this then before too many people modify gangs and I have to do a lot more manual fixing.

Do you have links to both that I can compare?

CarpeMortis

Ganger
Feb 17, 2011
Let me do some research, since I just Saw Case posted a new edition of the CE on the first of this month. I'llhave links in about 15 min or so.

CarpeMortis

Ganger
Feb 17, 2011
Case's Page lists the Leader and Heavy skills under "Official Rules Revised" With the foot note "These are revisions of official rules which we used in our campaigns. Note we now use the NCE rules." Except the CE rules have no Heavy and Leader skills in them.

Here is the link to the CE Heavy and Leader skills:
http://www.box.net/shared/u5zvj5tn04

And i'm still looking for a link to the fanatic published Leader and Heavy skills

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
ok I've switched the current Leader and Heavy skills to LRB ruleset. The only users this impacts is myself, tuxkamen (in my campaign), dealmaster and CarpeMortis. So you will both have to re-allocate to the appropriate skill for the same roll value on the new tables (which I'm adding now).

CarpeMortis

Ganger
Feb 17, 2011
Thank you!

On a related note: that means my players haven't updated their ruleset like i told them to!