spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Brilliant, thanks @Anthony . Finally, work filters will not succeed in stopping me seeing the OCE! mwahahah!

Anthony

Community Edition Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Okay, all uploaded now. Might be best continuing the hand flamer discussion over here so it's easier for people to find at a later date.

//NCE
- HtH Combat: Clarified that the player whose turn it is chooses the order his models fight. Outnumbering fighters in multiple combats no longer choose the combat order.
- Ammo Rolls: Clarified that any ammo allocated to the weapon is also useless if the Ammo roll is failed.
- Falling: Clarified the High Impact rules only apply to falls of 7" or greater.
- Hand Flamer: Even those fully covered by the template are now only hit on 4+.
- Shotgun & Grenade/Missile Launcher: Clarified they follow the Ammunition & Gunsights section ammo rules.
- Heavy Flamer: Even those only partially covered by the template are now automatically hit.
- Photon Flash Flares: A blinded fighter tests to recover at the end of his turn. If he recovers then he remains dazzled until the end of his following turn.
- Shoot Out: Clarified nerve tests are taken after the Fast Draw, not during. In the case of a tied draw, shots are always simultaneous.

//OCE
- Outlaw Scenario Table: 4 = Hunters, 5 = roll D6: (1-2=Ambush, 3-6=Hit&Run), 6 = Scavengers.
- The Hunters: Attackers initially deploy 2D6 random fighters, the remaining enter from a random table edge at the start of their first turn. Remaining defenders are now placed no closer than 24". The attackers double any underdog and giant killer bonuses they may receive.
- Scavvies: Changed mutation costs - Forearm Spines (5cr), Tentacle (5cr), Spikes (15cr), Bloated (15cr), Two Heads (15cr), Wings (15cr), Wyrdo (35cr). Wyrdo - reroll power every game, 11-16 no longer re-rolled. 61-66 treated as None.
- Spyrers: Clarify spyrer's don't roll an extra Attack dice in hth for fighting with two weapons as it's already reflected in the suit's characteristic boosts. Clarified spyrer ranged weapons cannot be used in hth combat, but otherwise count as pistols. Changed gang rating to 200 per surviving spyrer +EXP. Spryrers no longer receive bonus Exp for being the leader. Web Spinner: webbed fighters must now pass a Strength test to escape.

Last edited by a moderator:

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Looks like a brilliant update @Anthony . One query, the nerf to the wyrd thing? 1 third of the time you don't get a power? sounds like a hell of a lot of the time (slightly over as they can still roll up no possessed). Is this just to minimize the potential for uber powers being rolled up or what was the thinking behind this?

Anthony

Community Edition Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah the previous version was somewhat counterbalanced by potentially rolling a permanent dud power. Now you're definitely going to roll up one of the extremely good powers given time, and most of the powers are pretty darn useful in their own way. 35cr for a 2/3 chance of getting a power each game still seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Reactions: Alobar

Kardikus

Gang Champion
Oct 23, 2011
Whitburn, Bathgate Scotland
Just thinking on the ammo roll ruling for multiple ammo weapons. Would it be better on failing an ammo roll the owning player rolls to see what malfunction takes place 1,2 or 3 its a jam the weapon is useless for the duration of the game on a 4,5 or 6 you have just ran out of that ammo type and may use another if carried. just my 2 pence worth on that subject.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Only problem with that @Kardikus is that it instantly give a significant boost to shotguns over lots of other weapons. Very nice idea but I think the knock on effect is quite significant

glitch

Ganger
Nov 13, 2014
London, UK
I guess the rule was rewritten exactly to prevent this kinda thing - it wasn't uncommon in ORB for people to go "well that means I'm out of Manstopper, so I'll just use x ammo instead", and this was cheaper than using an ammo reload.

Reactions: Jaws
Oct 14, 2014
Reading
Minor correction to raise (sorry if this is the wrong location): Pg 18 - Pit Slave Advances; a 6 followed by a 5 - should now be 'Deflect' as 'Parry' is no longer a combat skill.

Its really minor and we all know what it means (same in game effect). Only spotted it after rolling up a Pit Slave last night and then going to put the gang on here this evening and going 'hey - where'd parry go'.

Can I also take the opportunity to say thank you for producing a revised NCE Outlanders, my fellow gamers and I are having a blast with it already!

Blood Donor

Hive Dweller
In Memorium
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
yaktribe.games
A couple things that seem to have been discussed heavily in there own threads, amounted to a generally agreed upon final cut, but then never really seemed to have progressed much beyond that. If I am jumping the gun on the completion status of these points I apologize but they do seem to have been discussed at length and then their respective threads have sort of settled as of the last week or so. Thus, figured it would be good to get the points in here so that @Anthony could review them in regards to a future draft of the NCE as they have certainly been dealt with by the community:

Autopistols - Change the LR for Autopistols to -1 so that the Laspistol is not overshadowed by it, allowing each of the pistols to be uniquely potent.

Fast Shot - Add that the Skill is only applicable to the Move-or-Fire Heavy Weapons if the character is equipped with a Suspensor.

Hand Flamers - Change their To Hit coverage to Fully Covered Targets = Automatically Hit and Partially Covered Targets = Hit on a D6 result of 6+, as well as adding the rule Volitile - Any D6 result of a 1 or a 2 for an Ammo Roll test will result in an Exploding Weapon instead of just a 1.

Heavy Flamers - Change their To Hit coverage to Fully Covered Targets = Automatically Hit and Partially Covered Targets = Hit on a D6 result of 2+.

Overwatch Hits Against Charging Targets - Add note that the -1 To Hit modifier for shooting at a charging target from Overwatch only applies if the target character was within range to successfully complete a charge and has not Fallen Short. Add ruling that a charging model who has not Fallen Short and is hit by an Overwatch shot will not be pinned unless the shot causes them to be Injured.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
That looks good to me as a summary of the endless discussions :)

Reactions: trollmeat

simon

Gang Hero
Aug 23, 2012
Winchester
For what it's worth I'm pro the change to the autopistol; always have been.

And for me the partial hits on a 2/6 for the flamer weapons is too fiddly. I prefer the hand flamer hits on a 4 and heavy flamer auto hits. Much simpler, more elegant AND sort of harks back to the original template sizes being different without actually necessitating new templates.

Finally, the phrase Fallen Short, when capitalised and italicised sounds A Bit Rude.

Carry on.

King Redwart

The Unpainter
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Apr 20, 2014
Balham, London, UK
I agree with it all bar one. I know the hand flammer/flammer was discussed quite a lot with the 2/4/6 (which I'd vote for) or the auto-partial hits etc. But was the volatile rule discussed much? I don't think the hand flammer needs that as well as the reduced chance for a partial to hit and that auto-pinning may not happen on overwatch.

Seems too much of a nerf to me.

But well done on summarising and progressing it Blood Donor.

Last edited:

glitch

Ganger
Nov 13, 2014
London, UK
I'm with @King Redwart on this one, plus I think if you're introducing changes to a complex system, you introduce them one and a time and monitor the outcomes, rather than swinging back and forth nerfing, then correcting that nerf etc.

Reactions: trollmeat
Status
Not open for further replies.