NCE Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, when I look at you have done so far, it is amazing.

I am currently following the same process for Inquisimunda, if any of you guys feel like joining the group.

An other point, would you mind if the new ruleset of Inquisimunda bases itself on the NCE version of Necromunda ? You guys corrected already so much that it would be absurd to not use it.

Thanks, yeah sure feel free to do whatever you like with the rules.

Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to thank all the contributors to the NEC version. It changed the game and made it better.

A Yaktribe team & I are currently doing a rather similar work for Inquisimunda, the Inquisitor/Necromunda cross over. As we share the same game bases, necromunda rules, and that i want to improve game balance I started to integrate the NEC rules inside Inquisimunda. On the war bands side, equivalent of gangs in necromunda, it is rather straight forward and moving on. But the team & I are facing a small issue related to weapons, and weapons’costs and I think you could help me to understand it better.

Why in necromunda weapons there are almost no armor save impact ?

Even weapons that in the fluff are going through power armor have no save armor impact. For example let’s take a power sword or power fist. The stats within the NEC rulebook give tremendous Strengh increase, but no armor penetration. Could anyone explain me why is that ?

The issue for inquisimunda, is that almost everyone has an armor because the game is no longer about scum gangs, but Inquisition Cells or Chaos Coven and so on. So from a fluff side, they have access to a much better armory than regular street/scum gangs.

I made a little summary of all NEC weapons and all Inquisimunda weapons. NEC rulebook includes roughly 64 different weapons vs 142 for inquisimunda (+122% !)

I started my focus on the HtH weapons, please find below the table. Grey lines are from NEC, white from Inquisimunda, if a weapon exists in both system, NEC overwrittes INQ.

Thank you very much in advance,

315422Inquisimunda20WeaponSystemhth.png

The save mods are based on the strength of the user. They don't just put a static save mod because the strength of the weapons are different depending on the strength of the user. Ex: Power Sword being User+2, Power Axe as User+3.

The normal scale is -1 for every point of strength over 3. So 4str = -1mod, 5str = -2mod, etc. So a 4str character with a Power Sword is hitting at Str6, which is a -3 armor mod.

Edit:
\/\/\/ He's talking about melee weapons, and that they lack armor mods in the book. That's what I'm addressing. \/\/\/

Last edited:
Reactions: Matelloco
Bear in mind that the modification from strength for armour purposes only applies in close combat: ranged weapons use their own save modifier profile only.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matelloco
Okay, this is more of a clarification that I think would help rather than a change. In the OCE under pyro powers molten man, the last line says 'at the start of each and every round of combat'. I think this means at the start of the combat phase, or at the start of working out the wyrds combat (no real difference although potentially someone else doing their combat first could follow up into the wyrd so that should be made clear to). However when it comes to multiple combats... 'each and every round' is a vague wording, each round of dice rolls (so in combat with 3 people you would have 3 rounds of combat rolled, meaning 3 hits?). I don't think this is the intention but it seems to me that it should read 'at the start of the combat phase' or similar to keep its wording consistent with the rest of the rules.

Or I might just be confusing myself and reading it all wrong. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Anthony
Is it an issue with PDF protection or did Acrobat just not import it correctly? I remember years ago I did try importing one of my old articles into Adobe InDesign and it was a dog's breakfast. I get the impression PDF editor makers don't put much effort into importing rival software's PDFs correctly.

Last edited:
Well it might just be that it is my first time trying this, but I simply can't seem to edit the text, I can't even move text boxes or other elements...
The only way I could use the original text is to simply copy it over to a word document...

According to the PDF file properties in Adobe, the file is locked from editing. Anthony you would have to update the file on your end with that security turned off.

Okay, the only security options I can find in LiveCycle Designer are these, which simply offer the option of restricting permissions via a password. So I installed the trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and it gives me this error message when trying to edit the NCE. Acrobat also says here that the editing permissions are restricted, however, when I open it in FoxIt Reader it shows here there are no editing restrictions.

After searching online I found a work around here where if you upload the PDF to this website then you can open the PDF it spits out in Acrobat and freely edit it. I just tested it and seems to work.

So I don't know if this is a permissions issue, or Adobe Acrobat is being purposefully misleading in order to somewhat force people into buying Adobe LiveCycle Designer too.

Hey, Not sure if this is the right place or not but been doing some playtesting and notice that the Pitslave hammer is a little nuts. 10 creds for what basically translates to +1WS is really overpowered when starting out. Means a starting Pit Fighter with 2 hammers gets to equivalent of WS6 game 1! Maybe if you added double fumbles to hammers? or some similar downside. Alternatively a points increase may fix them.

Also noticed a typo on page 45 under zealots it says: "...they are in an almost pennanent state of rage." Assume that should say "permanent".

Reactions: Anthony
I read this Necromunda community edition rules and it look very good. Some rules was More clearly and it was very good that all modifications were written with Red color.

Only problem is to adapt some other old rules to it.

I definetly going to use some rules as House rules on next campaign with LRB.

Reactions: spafe
What rules are difficult to adapt to using with the NCE @Mad Sergeant , not disagreeing but bar enforcers (who have issues even using the LRB version and havent been looked at to get updated/community concensus made yet), other stuff I can think of (scenarios etc) port over to NCE pretty seemlessly.

Reactions: Mad Sergeant
Why dont they work in the NCE? at most you might need to update skill name to equivalent or replacement? Off the top of my head none of their other rules that worked under LRB will stop working if you use NCE

What rules are difficult to adapt to using with the NCE @Mad Sergeant , not disagreeing but bar enforcers (who have issues even using the LRB version and havent been looked at to get updated/community concensus made yet), other stuff I can think of (scenarios etc) port over to NCE pretty seemlessly.

I meant it differently what I wrote. I meant that its Hard to adapt rules to my campaign. I have to check every warband, gear, etc. So its easier to use LRB with some House rules. Like grenade launcher Range being shorter.

There is lots of great updates and I am going to start using these community rules.

But now its that all can use fairly same rules even if we are using what ever rules we find on magazines or rulesets.

I feel that if we use community edition for basic rules then I have check every detail for every other rules what we are might using. And players star asking can have that gear or can our warband do that...

I hope I did write clearier my thoughs.

So I slready use some similiar House rules in my campaign like rules appear in community edition.

The weapons and gear is harder to adapt than scenarios.

That makes a lot of sense. Sounds like a good campaign you have going :)

Reactions: Mad Sergeant
Why dont they work in the NCE? at most you might need to update skill name to equivalent or replacement? Off the top of my head none of their other rules that worked under LRB will stop working if you use NCE

I wasn't sure that they were 'sanctioned' so to speak to fit into the NCE as they were omitted from the OCE.

I like to ad that I will give this NCE geen light to next campaign if we are using just basic rules.

Now its hard because we have orks, spyers, enforcers, guilder and punch of other rules and scenarios from different magazines.

I mean that its hard to adapt new gear to Outlaw trading post. And some terms and rules might work little pit differently in LRB and NCE.

I just like to ad that I like the new stats of a stubb gun in NCE and there also more rules what works better in NCE than in older rule sets... And I have always wondered why there is no heavy flamer in LRB? And why photo contacs and photo visor have same rules different prizes? I understand this kind of gear in hardcore wysiwyg.

My conclusion! Keep up the good work with the rules! This NCE is great update! I like to thank all who made it Hope see more NCE rules to other older ruleset and warbands.

Status
Not open for further replies.