Confrontation gaming test

Hansuke

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
I decided to try my hand at Confrontation. So far I created 3 random gangs below. There is a good amount of variation amongst the clan members; a lot more than I figured.

Bamboo Park Gang - Clan GangInitiativeWeapon SkillBallistic Skill
10gang leader prestige - 1014100160handbowlasgunstub gunplasma pistol
additional gang members - 6
PrestigetypeInitiativeWeapon SkillBallistic Skill
6Henchman1180170swordbolt pistolauto pistol
5Henchman7160150plasma pistolswordstub gun
2Raw Recruit51080handbow
2Raw Recruit450100sword
4Hardened Gang Fighter811070shotgunsword
4Hardened Gang Fighter870100shotgunbolt pistol

Chasewater Gang - Undercity GangInitiativeWeapon SkillBallistic Skill
8gang leader prestige - 814130170flak body armorlas pistolshotgun
additional gang members - 4
3Hardened Gang Fighter1022120handbowbolt gun
5Henchman13123190handbowhandbowshotgun
3Hardened Gang Fighter762160las pistolstub gun
3Hardened Gang Fighter742120stub gunlas pistol

Distant Waters Gang - Clan GangInitiativeWeapon SkillBallistic Skill
12gang leader prestige - 1211140130bolt pistollas pistolshotgunlas pistol
additional gang members - 7
2Raw Recruit72060las pistol
4Hardened Gang Fighter990140bolt pistolhand flamer
3Hardened Gang Fighter590120respiratorbolt pistol
2Raw Recruit43070sword
5Henchman980160handbowpowerswordplasma pistol
2Raw Recruit72050bolt pistol
6Henchman940150bolt gunbolt gunhandbow

• Love
Reactions: cronevald and Stoof

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I'm interested to see how this pans out. I have all the available Confrontation info but have never actually played it.

Hansuke

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
After creating my gangs, I realized I don't have enough figures to use, but I still want to test the game. So I am using a map for my first game. If I like the game, then I can start about collecting the correct figures for my gangs later.

These gangs are located in the Quinspirus Cluster. The Quinspirus Cluster is situated on the edge of a virtually solidified sludge sea called the Worldsump Ocean. At one time, when the sea was still navigable, the area included vast dockyards. These now remain buried deep within the undercity of the centrally located Quinspirus Hive. This hive has five great spires - hence the name which means five towers in the local dialect and which gives its name to the whole cluster. The cavernous warehouses of the ancient waterfronts have been the scene of many savage gang wars.

This first battle takes place in Annex 246 of the Morelli Warehouse District. It is a small unused warehouse, but two gangs got word of a drop which may be valuable if they can get to it before anyone else.

The first turn is just movement. Turn 2 will most likely start the shooting.

Reactions: Stoof

Hansuke

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
Okay so on the second turn starting with B1, I already have some questions. It looks like I can run then shoot semi auto twice at two different targets. I didn't know how to treat target D5; should there be a deduction for shooting or should he get some kind of cover because of the corner of that wall? Any thoughts on that?

In any case here are my notes for first shots. This is more record keeping that I thought at first also.

actions
1,2 run 10 meters / 3 SA(2) fire D7 / 4 SA(2) fire D5

shots
1 SA -05, Firing moving same turn -10, range -66, sum -81, BS 160 - 81 = 79
roll 96 miss

2 SA -10, Firing moving same turn -10, range -66, sum -81, BS 160 - 81 = 79
roll 25 hit, location 18 right arm
chart 3 limb 70 Serious

SERIOUS
Serious wounds have a debilitating effect for the remainder of the game. They represent major flesh wounds, broken bones, first degree burns and damage of a generally serious nature. When a character receives a serious wound the model is knocked down unconscious and may do nothing. There is a 25% chance that the character will remain unconscious for the rest of the game. If already suffering one or more serious wounds add an extra 25% for each serious wound already sustained.
roll 23 unconscious for remainder of game

3 SA -15, Firing moving same turn -10, range -67, sum -82, BS 160 - 82 = 78
roll 53 hit, location 33 chest
chart 3 chest 00 Light

Any character receiving a light wound may perform only 1 action in his following individual tum and may only fight defensively in the following hand-to-hand
combat phase. These are not permanent effects but apply only for the following turn/combat phase. In addition the character loses -4 from his initiative, -15%
from his firing to hit chance and -20% from his hand-tohand combat score. These modifiers apply for the rest of the game and are cumulative with other penalties.

4 SA -20, Firing moving same turn -10, range -67, sum -82, BS 160 - 82 = 78
roll 62 hit, location 91 left leg
chart 3 limb 90 Light

Leg. Any character receiving a light wound to the leg will be brought to the ground 50% of the time. If the character is wounded in only one leg his speed is reduced to two thirds normal - ie walk 2m (l ") and run 4m (2") per action. If both the character's legs are wounded he is reduced to half move rate in the same way as a serious wound.
roll 80 still standing

T2 first shot.JPG

Hansuke

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
The next person that is shooting is D6. I need to print out the charts for easy access. It's very distracting to continually have to flip pages to find the shooting and damage charts. This plays more like a role playing game based on the level of detail provided. That's not bad; just slower than a normal tabletop game. That is how it seems to me in any case. D6 still has two more actions, but I got tired of flipping pages and want to get up and move around a bit.

Turn 2 D6 Claudia Malley actions
1 run 6 meters / 2 semi-automatic (2) fire B7 Alcide North

shots
1 SA -05, Firing moving same turn -10, range -60, sum -75
BS 160 - 75 = 85
roll 50 hit location 90 left leg
chart 4 limb 81 Light
roll 78 still standing

2 SA -10, Firing moving same turn -10, range -60, sum -80
BS 160 - 80 = 80
roll 40 hit, location 97 left leg
chart 4 limb 21 Dead

T2 D6 move and fire.JPG

Hansuke

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
May 18, 2015
Houston, Texas
I played out a couple of more actions after the turn above, but decided that I had done what I wished to do; which was to understand the flow of the game. I think I was personally handling too many characters for a solo match. It would have been better as a two-person test.

I feel pretty good about the system, but I think the details limit the size of the game. I am already attached to the characters I created because of the time spent thinking about them. I did not play the game well because I was thinking about play mechanics instead of battlefield tactics. I am already thinking of trying it again with a smaller number of figures. Maybe limit myself to 3-4 figures per side per battle. I think I might enjoy it better. I need to pay more attention to my arithmetic also; I made several addition and subtraction errors. I noticed them after reviewing my notes post game. I also need to keep track of who is down or unconscious better.