N18 Corpse Farm Territory

Jayward

Gang Champion
Aug 4, 2020
So I just got asked about selling Juves for profit, which I wasn't aware was a thing until the Underhive Tools suggested it to a player when he didn't have enough cash.

Someone pointed out that the wording of the Corpse Farm dominion territory would trigger off of retiring a fighter, but having looked into all this I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the 'Sell to Guilders' option on the YakTribe fighter pages for? I tested it on a Juve and it just changed their status to 'enslaved', with no other effect that I could see

2) The wording on the Corpse Farm is that during the 'collect income' step you get d6*10 credits for each fighter deleted from the roster during the 'update rosters' step of the previous battle. But this step comes after 'collect income'; you would never gain any money from it RAW.

3) If we ignore RAW and go with the probable intent of d6*10 per deletion as a special, rather than an income, this allows for buying of 20c juves with an average 'recycle' value of 35c.

Based on that it seems like it's intended to only be per dead or dying fighter, but I've not been able to confirm that.

Is anyone aware of any FAQs or erratas that address this?

Reactions: JawRippa

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
Useful FAQs or errata, in Necromunda? Don't make me laugh!

1. I assumed this is for if your fighter gets captured and then sold.
I assumed the prompt to "sell more Juves" was a reference to a mechanic on Oldmunda but actually just functionless in Newmunda.

2. Heh, I hadn't noticed that.

3. It's even worse for Cawdor, they sell fighters for 2d6*10, guaranteed massive profit!
I think the intent is *clearly* only deceased fighters, it is a corpse farm afterall. Sure you can argue "retired" means killed, but that's a little cruel don't you think? It's certainly gamey.

mateyboy3000

Gang Champion
May 29, 2017
Let's not forget the 100% profit you get from a palanite rookie, assuming you make them usable by letting them have boons in dominion

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
1) What is the 'Sell to Guilders' option on the YakTribe fighter pages for? I tested it on a Juve and it just changed their status to 'enslaved', with no other effect that I could see
If a fighter is captured by another gang, you click captured. It leaves them showing in your gang but doesnt add them to your gang rating, and if you manage to rescue them (or down time occurs and captives are returned) you can simply untick it to regain your fighters stats.

2) The wording on the Corpse Farm is that during the 'collect income' step you get d6*10 credits for each fighter deleted from the roster during the 'update rosters' step of the previous battle. But this step comes after 'collect income'; you would never gain any money from it RAW.
Strangely, I think it actually works... but very badly, if you follow the exact wording. The exact wording would make it count for fighters lost in the game before the one you are playing. IE. you play game A. 2 fighters die and are removed from the roster in the update roster step. Then in the pre game step 6 of game B, you announce the boon and read what it says (the 'preceeding game', ie. game A). and the income in generated in the post game of game B.

I dont think that is intentional, but if you asked a computer to follow that logic through, I thnk thats what it would come up with.

Scratch all that. It does work. Look at post game step 6 (update roster). A. delete dead or retiring fighters, C. gain boons from territories. I would count the corpse farm 'income' as a territory boon, not an 'income' from the scenario. Not sure if that would ever matter the difference, but in case it does.

And the final point about unlimited money, well yeah, if you want to break the game, that is one of many many ways to do it...

JawRippa

Gang Hero
Mar 31, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Only deceased fighters, otherwise you can cycle juves for infinite dosh. While dominion is the least broken campaign, some territories are just idiotic. For example, you could argue that needle ways can deepstrike fighters into base to base RAW.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TopsyKretts

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I never cared much for the steps and whatever sequential order they are in. I know what to do, never understood GW insisting on using steps, particularly when failing in the example you show. So maybe I collect income before doing advancements... mabye I should play outlaws!

Jayward

Gang Champion
Aug 4, 2020
I think things like precise timings are necessary when you're writing accurate and intuitive rules... So GW has no use for them, I agree.

• Haha
Reactions: TopsyKretts