N18 Corpse Grinder Cult Gang List

RADHawk

Juve
Mar 6, 2020
I've been messing around with the idea of doing a CGC gang after Cawdor just for campaign fun. I like the idea of keeping the initiates fairly similarly loaded out just for aesthetic reasons, so no random hand flamers, but a couple of incendiary charges because the idea of mad cannibals charging through smoke and fire will always be cool. Any and all advice welcome.

Butcher
Paired Butchers Chain Cleavers
Stimm-slug stash
Commanding Presence

Cutter
Paired Butchers Chain Cleavers
Slaughterborn

Cutter
Heavy Chain Cleaver
Corpse Grinder Cult Icon
Slaughterborn

Skinner
Rotary Flensing Saw

Initiate
Stub gun
Incendiary charge
Boning sword

Initiate
Stub gun
Incendiary charge
Flensing knife

Initiate
Stub gun
Smoke grenade
Flensing knife

Initiate
Stub gun
Smoke grenade
Flensing knife

Working on the names atm. Fluff wise I'm thinking of painting them white and frost blue and flavoring them as inhabiting the giant coolers and freezers where the "meat" is stored before processing. Calling them The Frost Bitten.

MysticWolf

Ganger
Nov 15, 2020
Yo!
Three things.
First, a cutter should have the rotary flensing saw for the Dervish special rule that allows them to attack 360 with versatile. It really turns that cutter into a machine in the fray.

For 10 extra credits, change the heavy butcher's cleaver to paired butcher's cleaver. The paired rule is too good to halve the number of attacks with a single heavy Butcher's Cleaver. You're looking at 3 attacks on the charge with HBC vs 6 with Paired BC.

Third thing is, on your initiates, Flensing knife is far inferior to boning sword for the 5 credit difference. -2 ap and 2 damage with parry on the boning sword and you're using the flensing knife which is -1 ap 1 damage no parry for 5 credits cheaper?!?!?!?

Get rid of the stimm slug stash on your leader and you can pay the 25 creds for the upgrades.

Your list looks good otherwise, and I mean all CGC weapons are awesome, I just dont see the point in halving the effectiveness of those four models to save 25 creds for a stimm slug stash you can buy after the first game.

Reactions: RADHawk

RADHawk

Juve
Mar 6, 2020
Yo!
Three things.
First, a cutter should have the rotary flensing saw for the Dervish special rule that allows them to attack 360 with versatile. It really turns that cutter into a machine in the fray.

For 10 extra credits, change the heavy butcher's cleaver to paired butcher's cleaver. The paired rule is too good to halve the number of attacks with a single heavy Butcher's Cleaver. You're looking at 3 attacks on the charge with HBC vs 6 with Paired BC.

Third thing is, on your initiates, Flensing knife is far inferior to boning sword for the 5 credit difference. -2 ap and 2 damage with parry on the boning sword and you're using the flensing knife which is -1 ap 1 damage no parry for 5 credits cheaper?!?!?!?

Get rid of the stimm slug stash on your leader and you can pay the 25 creds for the upgrades.

Your list looks good otherwise, and I mean all CGC weapons are awesome, I just dont see the point in halving the effectiveness of those four models to save 25 creds for a stimm slug stash you can buy after the first game.
Hey!

Thanks for the advice! I forgot Dervish was a thing for cutters so that makes sense. I'll admit the flensing knives were more for flavour than anything else, i love the look.
But if dropping the slugs can pay for boning swords all-round then why not!

Reactions: MysticWolf

MysticWolf

Ganger
Nov 15, 2020
Absolutely!

I just find initiates with boning swords to be so dope, they can literally run over everything but champs and leaders. There is also something to be said about autopistols on initiates for the added punch on the charge, and after the first gamr when you get to the TP autopistols have a couple extra options for ammunitions.