N18 Corpse Grinder Naming Conventions

SumpRat

Gang Hero
Apr 23, 2013
Anyone figured one out yet?

I’m trying to make sense of it. Seems the Butchers (and some Cutters) have titles, whereas the Skinners and Initiates have actual names.

But the names themselves sound like someone gargled some grave. Any idea how to come up with the dozen or so without sounding like you’re just throwing sounds together and hoping for the best?

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
From the Book of Ruin, we have:

Butcher/Cutters:
The Hand of crimson
The Blood Drenched
Nightmare of a thousand widows
Despair given form

Skinners:
Felkormog
Koryuknartur
Skrvovar
Iokmor
Gruolok
Skorgoracc

Initiates:
Blunaz
Angrek
Krag
Bakruz
Jurgoth
Xorq

So, in a nutshell:
  • The higher your rank, the longer your name
  • Use of Xtreme Kool Letterz is mandatory
  • If your name can only be pronounced by a chainsaw being scraped against metal, you're on the right track
  • Officers get over-the-top titles that must reference either blood or negative emotions (or both)

Aug 14, 2018
Spain
Anyone figured one out yet?

I’m trying to make sense of it. Seems the Butchers (and some Cutters) have titles, whereas the Skinners and Initiates have actual names.

But the names themselves sound like someone gargled some grave. Any idea how to come up with the dozen or so without sounding like you’re just throwing sounds together and hoping for the best?
Consider it this way:

1) Your gang, your rules! I have an acrobatic troupe of Goliath gangers in mind who will put every ounce of their being in becoming the best athletic entertainers the Hive has ever seen! Too bad their only worth-while number is making ballon animals out of those who do not energetically clap when demanded to.

2) You got that right. The Corpse Grinder Cults do not seem just bunch of hungry and angry fellows as much as coordinated by some foreign (surely daemonic) intelligence that speaks through their leaders, or at least gives them real good Public Relations advice on the go; there is a higher purpose to their brutality and it does not stop at turning people into leather jackets. So far:

- The gangs are named after transcendental, if lunatic, themes such as "The Altar of Wailing" or "One Thousand Broken Promises", something that is either a joke shared by the gang or whose meaning is lost to whatever their obscure, and deeply violent, creeds may be.

- Higher ups have titles whereas lower castes do not: Makes sense for the VIPs but for the regulars seems a low effort from Games Workshop AND YET it may well be what these dregs get called by their deranged masters. I mean, sure it is not what's written on your passport/subdermal worker chip, but would you really argue with some 7+ feet tall guy with a habit of turning disobedient peeps into sushi? If he calls you "Xuorl" you better damn well ask how high even if it does not make sense, might take a liking to you and eat you last/fast.

- The names for regulars may well be daemonic in origin, surely imperative commands that sound exotic and make you deep-down feel special but really amounto to a shorter way of saying "YOU DO WHAT I SAY OR SO KHORNE HELP ME YOU [redacted]". Might be affectionately calling you "porkchop potential" for all what is worth.

3) Whatever you do please avoid naming your higher ups things as "Halal Harry" or "Kosher Kristofer".