N18 Corpse Grinders Cult speculation/discussion

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Do you think where it says Initiates must be equal to or higher than other Skinners they actually mean equal to or higher than other Fighters? Bit of a clunky wording if they genuinely mean skinners.
No, I think it should be "Gangers must be equal to or higher than other fighters" and they messed up, forgetting what random titles they gave the standard fighter types.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Hadn't spotted that and so the cycle of ambiguous wording leading people to pick wording that fits with their own preferences begins again..... (Not meant as a dig at you @macarfs ! )

I'm fairly certain they.mean Skinners only rather than rest of the gang but I am sure others will disagree

Called it :p A lot is being made of initiates being juves, without seeing their entry yet. Although the Warhammer TV streams and community page has labeled them as the juves of the gang, they for me clearly not an exact comparison to other gangs. They start with a skill have access to all of the CGC weapons with no restrictions and their stat line is not like other gangs juves..... They are in effect the faceless mooks of the CGC (how they seem to want gangers to be)

Edit @Thorgor below shows that they are classed as juves even if they don't equip or behave like them!

Last edited:

Valar

Ganger
Feb 22, 2018
England, UK
Unless the books say otherwise, do you think the leader and champs can be given grenades? Since they’re Wargear not weapons?
I know they will probably be moving and charging could be an option when they’re already in a good position but getting up from pinned.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
It's a straight yes for me based on the pages they have released. Any fighter can take wargear, grenades are wargear therefore any fighter may take grenades.

Reactions: Thorgor

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
A lot is being made of initiates being juves, without seeing their entry yet
We have seen their entry.
Their are labelled as Juve in the rules (and Skinner are labelled as ganger), which means they advance as such (can pick advancements, don't pay the 2XP tax). They also have no restriction on weapons. And they are also super cheap.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
GMG Unboxing:
youtube-screenshot-2.jpg

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Most masks are +1 save, roll 6+ to ignore Stat decrease from head and eye lasting injuries (51 and 52). Gangers get fearsome and champs get terrifying. Leader got the worst, 6+ invulnerable save that can't be combined be combined with other armour. Also terrifying as champs.

These start with slot of skills and special rules!

Plate mail armour is basically a furnace plate with 5+ invulnerable save against a specific weapon trait. Was it blast or blaze?

What armour does CGC have access too? Guessing plate mail won't be in the trading post, just like enforcer's unique armour types and van saar bodyglove.

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Could you combine Butcher's mask with armoured undersuit for 5+ invulnerable save? If so, seems like a must-have. I'm guessing CGC can't exchange masks? Or perhaps the rules don't go into such detail.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Could you combine Butcher's mask with armoured undersuit for 5+ invulnerable save? If so, seems like a must-have. I'm guessing CGC can't exchange masks? Or perhaps the rules don't go into such detail.
Unless masks have a special rule to prevent it from happening, you can give an Initiate a grenade and put their mask in the stash, then give their mask to the leader and put the leader's mask in the stash, etc.

Which naturally leads to this follow-up question: is there any rule to prevent a fighter from equipping more than one mask at a time?
If there ain't no rule then:
  1. Hire initiate -> give cheap wargear and get mask in the stash -> fire initiate -> repeat
  2. Equip 5 masks on each fighter.
  3. Profit!
maskgolem_final.jpg

Last edited:

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
From before, any fighter could have up to 3 types of "armour", but max 1 of each type:
  • Armour
  • "Combined armour", stuff that increase normal armour (armoured undersuit, bodyglove, ablative overlay, ceramite shield, scrap shield)
  • field armour
Masks are not categorized as any of these armour types. But in effect, they are!
  • Mask (Initiate, Skinner, Cutter): Combined armour
  • Butcher's Mask: similar to field armour
If you go by RAW, could you make combinations of mask, armour, combined armour? Armoured undersuit, mask, mesh armour... 3+ save?

If this isn't solved in the books, I'm gonna house rule masks as combined armour and butcher's mask as armour.

Last edited:

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Here is a summary of the new fighter's masks:

MASK (INITIATE, SKINNER, CUTTER)​
+1 save modifier. Roll a 6+ when suffering a Heady Injury and Eye Injury (Lasting Injuries 51-52) to change it into a Grievous Injury (Into Recovery).​
  • Initiate: No other effect.
  • Skinner: Fearsome.
  • Cutter: Terrifying.
BUTCHER’S MASK​
6+ invulnerable save. Cannot be combined with other armour. Grants Terrifying.​

Here is a summary of the new fighter's abilities (including masks):
  • Butcher (Leader): 1 Primary skill, First to the Fray, Terrifying, save from mask (butcher)
  • Cutter (Champ): 1 Primary skill, Dervish, Terrifying, save from mask
  • Skinner (Ganger): Berserker, Fearsome, save from mask
  • Initiate (Juve): Infiltrate, save from mask

Reactions: Thorgor

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
A few afterthoughts:
  • Butcher's mask can't be combined (improved) by other armour, but it can be WORN in addition to armour. Butcher starts with plate mail.
  • The other masks already add on top of the fighter's existing armour! Which means that:
    • Juve got +1 flak: 5+ (4+ against blast/template)
    • Ganger and Chapion: 5+ (4+ front)
    • Leader: 6+ (5+ front) OR 6+ inv
Added on top of their rich amount of starting skills, special rules and abilities, all other fighters from the other gangs are quite dull in comparison!

Last edited: