N18 Corpse Grinders Cult speculation/discussion

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
You can wear ablative armour in addition to undersuits though.
There's not really any defined "layers" of armour, just the rules of certain armours saying they're compatible/incompatible with others.
Perhaps a defined system of 'layers' would have helped them. But it's a best of a rat's nest and it seems the masks have clearly slipped through.

It think it's intended that masks are in addition to other armours, but not other masks.

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
Staring at the masks description when I pause the unboxing video it says that a corpse grinders mask "has various effects based on rank".

So my take is it's not a specific piece of wargear that can be transferred between gang members.
The butcher's mask only has its effect when its worn by the butcher. This is supported by then not being a purchasable item in the house weapon list.

Doesn't help with the armour debate but I think it solves the multiple masks or giving a Skinners mask to a butcher etc

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Hmm combine ablative with undersuit? Is this a good thing or broken and open for abuse (overpowered save)?

SumpRat

Gang Hero
Apr 23, 2013
I’m looking forwards to them. I was quite happy using them with my Orlocks to get the dawn offs in range, in this case it’ll be even better as they get dragged below hordes of ravenous lunatics.

Reactions: Ml2sjw

Spenson

Juve
Feb 2, 2019
Did someone get a good look at the profile of their weapons? They look pretty expensive and you can't buy a cheap pistol as a second weapon. I think I will go quite cheap on the weapons in order to get a starting gang of 8 members with 2 harpoon launchers.

Also is it confirmed that we need to have more skinner than initiates or is it butcher + cutters + skinners > initiates?

Last edited:

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
You need to have equal or more initiates than Skinners.
The Butcher and Cutters don't factor into that, the Cutters have their own, independent, cap of 0-3 and the Butcher is obviously 1, hired at the start.

We've seen the stats for most of their weapons ai believe, and they're very powerful.
In fact, if even a Skinner makes it into close combat they are likely to flat out kill (permanently) any fighter they reach, because they get a lot of extremely lethal attacks