Necromunda Custom Board Tiles

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Gentlemen, while waiting for the test prints, I slowly move forward with the Hydroponics set, and I'm thinking of ways how to spice it up a bit. What do you think of this? It is one of the options that can be included.

Brainleaf Zombie Infestation: Sometimes, unfortunate souls are trapped in the Jungle, and transformed into mindless beings aimlessly wandering through the area.
During the battlefield setup, players can place up to 1+D3 Brainleaf zombies to the middle of the board, at least 2” apart from each other.

Brainleaf Zombies are required to be controlled either by a neutral third player or an Arbitrator, where all three take turns as normal. When no third player is present, Brainleaf Zombies can be activated by any player at any point when it is their turn to activate, and they act the very same way as if they were Sentries, including the rules for Spotting, getting Alerted and Raising an alarm, although with some minor changes listed below. (Rulebook 2018, pg. 119)

- Zombies can be activated only once per round, and zombie activated is not chosen at random.
- Zombies move 2D3. This rule does not apply to Alerted Zombies, or when Alarm is raised.
- Zombies can’t open or close any doors, or operate any machinery.
- When a Zombie becomes Alerted, they must move towards the ganger that alerted them, and perform a charge when possible. A charge can only be attempted when the zombie did not move during its activation.
- When Alarm was Raised, Zombies still move as if they were sentries, but they automatically spot and attempt to attack any ganger within 6” of them.

Brainleaf Zombies ignore any and all traps not placed by one of the gangs, and cannot voluntarily fall into a Pitfall.
Brainleaf Zombies follow their rules from the Book of Ruin. (Pg. 54)
Rules for Brainleaf Outbreak apply as well, and the Environment is always set to Dome Jungle.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
I have a couple of news for you.
First is that today I have finished two more tiles from the Hydroponics set, with the final score being 11 done, 7 yet to be made. One has little river, other a bridge, and both have holes in the ground,

The second news is that after feedback, I have decided to have two sets, one in the original dimensions, the other in an upscaled version. For me, it is just a couple of clicks.

The Third is that I'll close the poll. It has been up for quite a while.
The harbor has been concluded, the caves were not, as every Cave vote option has the same number of votes, which isn't helpful.
Numbers 7, 8, 9, 10 are contested, I like the concept, but I may include it separately later. Or not, I don't know.
Currently, we have 17 confirmed, which gives an option for one or three more.

GREEN - Will be included
RED - Will not be included
ORANGE - Not yet decided

1 - Straight canal 1
2 - Straight widened canal 2 (cool, but redundant?)
3 - Corner canal 1
4 - Corner canal 1
5 - Canal T-junction 1
6 - Canal X-junction
7 - Canal widening (7 + 8 need to be used together, but was suggested by one of you)
8 - Wide canal (7 + 8 need to be used together, but was suggested by one of you)
9 - Harbor 1 (10)
10 - Harbor 2 (9)

11 - Straight canal with crossing
12 - Canal outlet (25)
13 - Harbor with jetty and canal outflow (Requires two from the 14/26/9/10 tiles as adjacent tiles)
14 - Harbor with jetty

15 - Floodgate
16 - Canal with middle island
17 - Canal blocked with grates + T-junction
18 - Canal with shallow cove 1 (21)
19 - Narrowed straight canal with a narrow inlet (Seems redundant)
20 - Double narrow inlet canal beginning

21 - Canal with shallow cove 2
22 - Open basin
23 - Wide bridge over canals
24 - Two narrow bridges over the canal
25 - Canal outlet 2 (12)
26 - Harbor with pier

Last edited:

Stavros1988

Jun 28, 2021
I have a couple of news for you.
First is that today I have finished two more tiles from the Hydroponics set, with the final score being 11 done, 7 yet to be made. One has little river, other a bridge, and both have holes in the ground,

The second news is that after feedback, I have decided to have two sets, one in the original dimensions, the other in an upscaled version. For me, it is just a couple of clicks.

The Third is that I'll close the poll. It has been up for quite a while.
The harbor has been concluded, the caves were not, as every Cave vote option has the same number of votes, which isn't helpful.
Numbers 7, 8, 9, 10 are contested, I like the concept, but I may include it separately later. Or not, I don't know.
Currently, we have 17 confirmed, which gives an option for one or three more.

GREEN - Will be included
RED - Will not be included
ORANGE - Not yet decided

1 - Straight canal 1
2 - Straight widened canal 2 (cool, but redundant?)
3 - Corner canal 1
4 - Corner canal 1
5 - Canal T-junction 1
6 - Canal X-junction
7 - Canal widening (7 + 8 need to be used together, but was suggested by one of you)
8 - Wide canal (7 + 8 need to be used together, but was suggested by one of you)
9 - Harbor 1 (10)
10 - Harbor 2 (9)

11 - Straight canal with crossing
12 - Canal outlet (25)
13 - Harbor with jetty and canal outflow (Requires two from the 14/26/9/10 tiles as adjacent tiles)
14 - Harbor with jetty

15 - Floodgate
16 - Canal with middle island
17 - Canal blocked with grates + T-junction
18 - Canal with shallow cove 1 (21)
19 - Narrowed straight canal with a narrow inlet (Seems redundant)
20 - Double narrow inlet canal beginning

21 - Canal with shallow cove 2
22 - Open basin
23 - Wide bridge over canals
24 - Two narrow bridges over the canal
25 - Canal outlet 2 (12)
26 - Harbor with pier

Woop Woop! Looking forward to it!

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
A little update after a long time.
@Andrew Hollis made some test prints, and I'm sharing them for you. We are a step closer to the release.

The boards aren't as colorful as original GW, but still a decent quality. Made by a printing company in the US. I'm working on a print on vinyl foil so we can compile a useful tutorial.

(Original GW on the right)

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
I even get really nostalgic when I see it. Because when I think back, the Underhive Box with the cardboard tiles and Badzone Delta-7 was actually a good and cheap way to play Necromunda. And I'm annoyed that I didn't buy both of them twice.

Add to that some tinkered walls made of Styrodur or some MDF terrain, and you actually had everything you needed.

Last edited:
I even get really nostalgic when I see it. Because when I think back, the Underhive Box with the cardboard tiles and Badzone Delta-7 was actually a good and cheap way to play Necromunda. And I'm annoyed that I didn't buy both of them twice.

Add to that some tinkered walls made of Styrodur or some MDF terrain, and you actually had everything you needed.

Agree, I actually prefer the cardboard tiles to the plastic tiles and terrain. They are easier to transport, easier to get newer players into the system and have a LOT of atmospherics. With fan made expansions it really makes those tiles even better because you can literally vreate entirely new dome settings that pack away into a tony box.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Update:

Printing on vinyl foil turned out to be quite expensive, at least here in central Europe (70$ for the whole set of 22 tiles, and it is the printing only) although it would surely be durable. The most optimal route now seems to be printing on smooth sticky paper, and having protective foil put over it. I will keep you updated.

Announcement:
Tile design suggestions are still welcome!
While I will not expand the Curtain Falls set anymore, as 22 tiles is enough I think, that doesn't mean there can't be Curtain Falls pt. 2. The other three sets still have some room to fill, though.