Necromunda Custom Board Tiles

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
No, as far as I'm aware of. I have sent several emails asking for a price estimate for a 12"x12" vinyl sticker with matt protective foil in 22 pieces and the price was always similar, between 1500-2000czk. ($70+)

You can't compare the US and central europe in many ways. Except for fast food restaurants.

• Sad
Reactions: Punktaku

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
I wonder if the game mat companies that do custom printing might do a 4x4 mat of 16 tiles which you could then slice up onto 1x1 sections with a Guillotine.

Imagine tiles in neoprene!!

Probably very expensive option though.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
You can print anything on anything, as long you have the coin.

The problem with printing is the price drops significantly the more prints you order. But I why would I order more than I need, when I can't sell the prints due to copyright laws, right? Ordering 1 and 10 would cost roughly the same.

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored, Non-washer of Minis
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
You can print anything on anything, as long you have the coin.

The problem with printing is the price drops significantly the more prints you order. But I why would I order more than I need, when I can't sell the prints due to copyright laws, right? Ordering 1 and 10 would cost roughly the same.
If the price is the same (really? Wow!) You could order 10: 1 for you and 9 for “local” Yaks who could chip in for the printing cost and shipping and handling. That way you’re not selling them.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Well, not really, It differs from company to company, but in most, printing large orders (like 10-50 whole sets, that reach over 20m2 of used paper) can get cheaper all the way down to 40-45% price per piece. I think I seen one where it was nearly 50%.

Hmmm... Maybe you are right. I might ask around if somebody else gets interested.

I have found a company which offers to do the printing on laminated vinyl for $55 (converted), which is the cheapest so far. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:

kerbain

Feb 1, 2021
Amazing work! Hope this isn't too cheeky but would it be possible to get a plain 6x6 image of normal tiles? The clsoest I see is the "small pillars" tile but I'd like one with nothing at all, just 6x6 tiles? I'm looking to print a whole board (2d) and then add the scenery on top (3d printed)

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Soo, I have been playtesting some of the tiles I created, and I found out the train line tiles can be pretty gamechanging if it happens at the right time. Having the game board cut in two for a turn, blocking crucial shots or charges or having your gangers ran over or knocked back by a blast into the passing train is quite fun.

And it turned out the Armored Containers are useful as a marker for when the train is passing.

Petitioner's City

Gang Hero
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This might be convenient for UK based players in the future.

I'm not UK based. I didn't find better prices here in CZ.
I think they actually are in Europe - they do have a euros-focused site :)

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Looking through the Book of Peril it strikes me how useful your overgrown tiles are going to be as it matches that environment perfectly!

Reactions: Hawkins44

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Looking through the Book of Peril it strikes me how useful your overgrown tiles are going to be as it matches that environment perfectly!
Thanks! It seems things are going to be a bit freer, so I'll be able to do some more work on the jungle set. And yes, I do the tiles mostly on my work PC, because it has better hardware than the computer I have at home. GIMP has no issues using 7+GB of RAM on some of the more complex tiles.

Meanwhile, I found a company that will do printing on PVC sticker with protective foil for reasonable money (22 stickers for approx 55€. Seems expensive, but when everybody from the group adds a bit, it makes things easier). I just need to go through all of the files again, adjust color settings and add 5mm bleed to the pics for printing.

Last edited:

Daganisoraan

Ganger
Oct 25, 2021
Meanwhile, I found a company that will do printing on PVC sticker with protective foil for reasonable money (22 stickers for approx 55€. Seems expensive, but when everybody from the group adds a bit, it makes things easier). I just need to go through all of the files again, adjust color settings and add 5mm bleed to the pics for printing.
I can understand that you may want to make money from those good looking images, but frankly, with shipping and everything, I would much prefer print everything on my side and I bet most other people too.

The thing is, I'mplanning to host a Necromunda League and would need way more than just 22 stickers/tiles and there's no way I can justify such a high production cost. Its not everybody that care to print the images on super good quality sticker.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
You completely misunderstood what I meant. All the talk about printing company I found was for my test prints.

Everybody will have to print their own pics, at their own expenses, in a company of their choosing, and the way they see fit. You can print on regular sticky paper for cheap, but it gets scratched and damaged easily. Or you can print on PVC stickers for durability, yet it will cost you.

And on top of all of that, I will make not a wet fart worth of money from it, it is free. Or will be, when it is done. Cuz' copyright.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daganisoraan

Punktaku

Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Would you have to modify this tile so that the pipes join up? I like the way this one looks as is. I think if you’re going to make it more like the rail system, you’d need even more piping to keep it modular.

Punktaku

Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
But what I meant by “adding more” is, If you extend the one pipe, it’ll meet up with the one pipe on the other board. So they’ll always be lined up with each other in the same way if you use both.