Necromunda Custom Board Tiles

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
These pipes are on the ground right? So you can walk over them. I assume so but was wondering if they were overhead sprinklers for a while.

As a pointless side note, when I first saw it I thought “gear shift pattern”.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
The pipes are integrated into the ground. The tile is not done yet, there is yet a lot to be added, such as vines and undergrowth.
Overhead sprinklers would look weird on a 2D plane.

Here is a simple image edit of what I thought by the 2-part tile. I didn't want to make it too modular, as the blue marked box is the pump control system, and while the pump is running, the whole yellow-marked area becomes a quagmire (difficult terrain and -1 to hit to all present). Adding extra modularity, it can play too much to one gang's advantage. The pump has to be switched on first, and it is easy to switch it off once it is running.

While the irrigation pump is running, you can imagine there s a thick mist and powerful streams of water coming out of the cracked pipeline. And the ground becoming a slippery mush.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Soooo.... I decided to get my hands on Blender a bit better, and decided to edit some files I found on Thingiverse, to make an Enforcer booth, where people can report crimes of their neighbors. Also known as Outpost 11 tile, discussed in this thread before.

I will upload it to Thingiverse once I'm done tweaking it as an .stl tile.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
I made one more piece with a grated window. There seems to ve some slight issue with the models (same for both, the arch roof being hollow), but I'm working on it.

Any suggestions, help or feedback is welcome. I'm new to Blender.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Hollis

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Have you got a crossing section? Like a walkway for pedestrians to cross over and get hit by the train when the signals fail to alert them?
Pedestrians are free to cross the railway pretty much anywhere, where the access isn't blocked by a wall. And rules for tre train are written and playtested, and believe me, it's fun! Especially when it all comes together in one crucial moment.

The safest route over is building an overpass from the ZM walls and platforms. Unless you fall. And the train is coming.

Squiggly

Feb 13, 2018
Canada
Also, not sure if this is a silly question, but what are the exact dimensions of a GW Underhive tile? I know they're roughly 11.5 inches, but I was curious the exact measurements. I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

patrande34

May 31, 2022
I really like this project, great work Hawkins.
The tiles fit right in next to the GW ones but expand the themes so not every battle has to be about industrial corridors.
I wish you good luck in completing the sets.

+Edited for spellchecking+

Reactions: Hawkins44