Bug Custom gear & ganger issues / improvements

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Prefix should be Necromunda/Bug/Suggestion(s) 😊

ps: thank you so much much for necro tools in general, vey awesomely helpful n things 😁

So, just started mucking about with the custom tools. Just been making some notes as I go:
  • Many steps required to add custom weapons options. First need to create the weapon stats, and then create custom equipment and link it to the stats.
  • There doesn’t appear to be a way to automatically give a ganger a certain piece of equipment on start up.
  • No way to select which items a model has access to, other than unticking “restrict equipment”.
  • no way to add notes or alternate/new traits (or specials) except to include it in the item’s name,
  • item name cannot be longer than 50 characters or causes page to crash and not save changes

• custom skill ° symbol causes broken in description, seems that field length and certain symbols cause issues...
That is as far as I have gotten for now.
This is the gang that I am mucking about with: https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/sideshow.136676/

Reactions: Malo

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
This should all be resolved once I rebuild the customization section after the equipment association changes for the House books. Notably, the ability to associate equipment with ganger types is coming as I'm changing the way equipment and gangs/gangers works. Some specific notes:

First need to create the weapon stats, and then create custom equipment and link it to the stats.
This is on purpose as the tools data structure requires the ability to associate multiple stats to a single weapon, so weapon stats are completely separate from weapons themselves.
There doesn’t appear to be a way to automatically give a ganger a certain piece of equipment on start up.
Not in the customize section currently. I'll explore this when I rebuild this area and see if it's reasonably feasible.

I am planning on opening up more options for customization, including adding your own gang types, weapon traits and other options.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Thank you for the explanation of the multiple steps for equipment and stat lines, I hadn’t thought of that aspect. Now I know 🙂

I’ll keep muddling about with it, and look forward to the update.

(knowing my luck, they will do an official scavvy release as soon as I finish with my rules and models) 🤣

Jun 21, 2019
Hi Malo, this sounds really good. I asked about these earlier in the year and it sounds like music to my ears!

HI @Malo, I have a few questions or ideas that could enhance the custom tools.

(i) Is there a way to add multi-profile custom weapons? Like if I wanted to make a plasmagun 120 credits, could I create one that had both profiles, rather than having to ask players to remember to buy or add both profiles to a fighter? Say from Image 1 (just now) to multi-stat options in Image 2?

View attachment 109848
Image 1 - current options

View attachment 109849
Image 2 - suggested change?

(ii) Is there also a way to add custom Traits for weapons? I have a few Traits I use in our campaigns which would be nice to be able to use in the custom tools and campaign manager.

(iii) Also if I make custom fighters, is there a way to lock them to being Gangers, Champions, Leaders, etc? I created new Goliaths and Custom Ogryns for my campaign, until you do them, but there isn't a way to define the Forge Tyrant or Overboss as Leader, Forgeboss, Stimmer or Underboss as Champion, etc.

(iv) Finally, when I create Venators and define their skills, i can not access custom skills outwith those defined tables.

Thank you in advance!
But two things I asked, is it possible to enable one to create custom equipment that has multiple profiles; and can venators access skills other than the ones that they have to be assigned as skill trees?

Reactions: Malo

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
When selecting advances or adding skills it gives options for all skills tables, except the wyrd ones. If you add a skill (which doesn’t count as an advance) it shows you Primary, Secondary, or Non-Fighter.

I would like to be able to make skills sets for venators, so if all the minions have the same things it is one click *shrugs*