N18 Dark Uprising Rulebook (general discussion)

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
A dedicated discussion for all things related to the Dark Uprising Rulebook (currently only available in the new big starter box). This may overlap somewhat to the discussion about the Book of Ruin (released at the same time):

Here is a summary of various findings (contributed by several members here).
INTERNAL CONFLICTS
  • Sentries (page 84): "Sentries never gain Ready markers before the alarm is raised." and "Should a sentry spot an attacker: The sentry immediately gains a Ready marker and their card is not returned to the Sentry deck.".
    • Solution: Sentries never gain Ready markers at the start of a round.
EXTERNAL CONFLICTS (CONFLICT WITH PREVIOUS PUBLICATIONS)
  • Enforcers Equipment List (page 104): Photo-lumens costs 35 (costs 15 in Book of Judgement, and 20 as Common from the Black Market).
    • Solution: Use the cost from Book of Judgement.
  • Corpse Grinder Cult Equipment List (page 111): Lost access to Photo-goggles costing 35 from Book of Ruin. Gained access to Photo-lumens costing 35.
    • Solution: Use Photo-goggles from Book of Ruin, discard Photo-lumens.
  • Ganger Advancement table (page 63): Incorrect credit costs for several advancements, compared to the compiled rulebook. +1WS/BS increases cost by 5. +1 Will/Int increases cost by 20. They basically copied the ganger advancement table from Gang War 1!
    • Solution: Use correct costs of +20 for WS/BS and +5 for Will/Int.
ERRORS
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS
  • Sentries (page 85): All sentries immediately gain Ready markers when the alarm is raised.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumbley and Valar

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand
1) Anyone know how Territories change hands? Seems like it only changes if the winner of a battle inflicts 3xOoA than what was suffered.
2) Anyone know if more Territories enter circulation, or the amount of Territories is permantly 3x number of gangs?
3) Anyone know if Territories are kept by gangs or by sides?

TopsyKretts

Hive Guilder
Dec 29, 2017
Kristiansand

Squee

Ganger
Jan 11, 2019
I don't get it - what's wrong here? It seemed to me, that ZM rules for LoS are different from SM in that they take bases into account. Apparently I'm mixing that up with something else?

1 comments

reough

Ganger
Mar 19, 2015
Maybe because the names are wrong in the text? The text has been copied from an older edition, with a new diagram replacing the old Goliath/escher one.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

Ekxw1

Nov 26, 2019
Hi I'm new in the forum
First of all pardon me for my bad English.

I have a question about the uprising campaign events in the 22 random event rotten meat, when you pay 30 credits, you are paying por allá the gang members or just for one of the, to cure his starving condition?

Reactions: TopsyKretts