N18 Delaque 1000pts for campaign, newbee.

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,
Had prepared a gang. https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/blind_hand.110129/
Please, could some look at it to check if it could do something. This my first gang.

The main idea that we have 2 autoguns and grav for table control, assasins -leader, and champions, juv and shotgunner assist assasins with grenades (could be bought after the first fight), and could shoot a bit.
Some things i m not sure.
1) For leader i could not find anything better then to group activate some guys and sell him to fight.
Sniper with overwatch - you loose group activation. Overseer looks like imba and will be banned in the company.
2) Grav gun. Somewhere is written it ignores saves now, but didn't find where.
Not sure if it provide enough control. Also will not have snipers, but flash+ grav looks tasty.
3) Juvi is taken for grenades and for fun. Also i'm planning to give him web pistol later and move up to 8, then hip shooting too.
4) Shotgun- maybe should be changed to autogun and smoke?
5) Autoguns or lasguns not sure which is better. Autoguns have some interesting ammo and i have it on the sprue, but lasgun looks better for medium distance pinners.

Thanks for people who will answer!!!

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Looks solid. Most other options would be dependant on the density of terrain/prevalence of ZM games. I really like the sniper champ with overwatch and infra sight. Shotguns are king if your table have enough terrain for them to close. They also have the option to fun ammo - look at executioner rounds and then imagine how they'll add up with infra sights.
Stun grenades are a cheap option for blast weapons (since the latest FAQ) and synergises well with photon flash flares. Leader have access to agility skills so can start with Spring Up which is a nice option if your looking at getting him into CC.

EDIT:
Here's my gang after one game. Added the champion with flechette pistols after the first fight. I tried to go for something that's fun and not totally optimised. Also good to mention might be that we have some limitations on spec and heavy weapons in our campaign and can only start with two from start.

Reactions: Venik
Mar 8, 2019
Some thoughts:

Reconsider the Juve, currently with the Juve you have 4 gangers and 4 non-gangers, this means before you can get an extra champion you'll need to buy an extra ganger, plus any losses you take in your first games. Juves are fun but they do take up slots which more useful champions can be filling.

Regarding the lasgun/autogun question, it depends what you want them for. Lasguns are better for pinning as they have a short range of 18", they can be upgraded to hotshot lasguns later to give them S4 but mostly you'll be plinking shots at the more dangerous enemy models to force pins on them.

Autoguns dont get their accuracy bonus until they're up close, but are a bit "killier" then lasguns, albeit based on swingy rapid-fire dice, that clutch 3 hit roll on an important enemy ganger is what you take them for, but it's not something you can rely on.

Basically if you see your gangers hanging back in cover taking potshots, go las, if they're advancing with your melee dudes, go Autogun

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks guys.
So will keep shotgun.
About juvi, cool detail, doesnt know that. Will erase then.
Understand that cant get plasma, so maybe will change plasma to sniper overwatch, and change juv to ganger, add some grenades.
Also if during the campaign some gangers die, should then i erase juvi to fill the proportion?

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
Have updated the gang roster.
So now no juvi. Shotgunner, autogunner, leader and champions are brawl command, grav helps them. Sniper champ and two lasgunners are pinning and stopping everything. As soon as possible will get a plasma champ.
Find an interesting synergy that grav+ knockback will force the enemy to move maximum 2-3 inches for a double move. So could work interesting.
Steel thinking maybe its better to take plasma instead grav, and give to champ, then give long rifle to ganger. Not sure how good long rifle without an overwatch. But also costs just like a shotgun, so dont know what is better.

Reactions: TabulaRasa

MrAndersson

Gang Champion
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
Grav gun is fun, and good at knocking down enemies from elevated firing positions, but a Plasma gun is better in most situations.

I would switch the Web gun to a ganger and keep the Long rifle champion. Long rifle benefits from Overwatch more than Web gun benefits from Hip shooting.

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
Grav gun is fun, and good at knocking down enemies from elevated firing positions, but a Plasma gun is better in most situations.

I would switch the Web gun to a ganger and keep the Long rifle champion. Long rifle benefits from Overwatch more than Web gun benefits from Hip shooting.
Do you mean keep plasma and long rifle champ, give web to ganger,then erase grav?
Maybe its an option to give grav to leader, but then shoud erase one ganger, which is not good i think.
Also thing one web delaque should have from the start, to solve problems with corpse grinders etc.

Mar 8, 2019
See I wouldn't put the web gun on a ganger, it's a lot of points to invest in a single wound model and without hip shooting the model has a lot less threat range and utility. Leader and Champions should always be first choice for your expensive gear as they have the profile and skills to make them count.

Reactions: BearsWillEatYou

MrAndersson

Gang Champion
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
Maybe its an option to give grav to leader, but then shoud erase one ganger, which is not good i think.
You have 8 fighters in the gang as it is now. Going down to 7 is not that big of a problem, IMO.

And Grav gun would be much better than the loadout you got on him now.
Also thing one web delaque should have from the start, to solve problems with corpse grinders etc.
True. But then you don't need Hip shooting. The grinders will come to you.

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Hip shooting is still a valid choice in this case. It not only allows you a greater threat range but also gives you more mobility to line up the shot for maximum effect.

A lot of options are good so it comes down to context and the player’s preferred style most of the time, IMO.

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks guys. Think will have some skirmish games at first, to try options. Could you also help where is written that grav ingnores saves? In profile there is AP -1.

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Thanks guys. Think will have some skirmish games at first, to try options. Could you also help where is written that grav ingnores saves? In profile there is AP -1.
I think it’s under the weapon trait ‘graviton pulse’. This is also a good counter to things with a save that can’t be modified by AP since it doesn’t allow a save to be rolled for, this circumventing it completely.

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
I think it’s under the weapon trait ‘graviton pulse’. This is also a good counter to things with a save that can’t be modified by AP since it doesn’t allow a save to be rolled for, this circumventing it completely.
But graviton pulse "
Instead of rolling to wound normally with this weapon,
any model caught in the blast must instead roll to or
under their Strength on a D6 (a roll of 6 always counts as
a fail). After the weapon has been fired, leave the Blast ...."
So nothing about the save.
marker during the End phase. In the faq also nothing about that.

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
But graviton pulse "
Instead of rolling to wound normally with this weapon,
any model caught in the blast must instead roll to or
under their Strength on a D6 (a roll of 6 always counts as
a fail). After the weapon has been fired, leave the Blast ...."
So nothing about the save.
marker during the End phase. In the faq also nothing about that.
What rulesbook are you looking at? In my Gangs of the Underhive it says: "Instead of rolling to wound normally with this weapon, any model caught in the Blast must instead roll equal to or under their Strength on a D6 (a roll of 6 always counts as a fail), or suffer Damage with no armour save allowed."

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks, now understood. Was looking at comprehensive rulebook 7.03, will all information. So something was missed.

So now looks solid, suffer only with goliaphs.

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Thanks, now understood. Was looking at comprehensive rulebook 7.03, will all information. So something was missed.

So now looks solid, suffer only with goliaphs.
That and some of the CGC fighters. On there other hand it’s solid against things like Van Saar and Enforcers that have a tendency to stack up on armor.

Venik

Juve
Mar 15, 2020
That and some of the CGC fighters. On there other hand it’s solid against things like Van Saar and Enforcers that have a tendency to stack up on armor.
For genestealers the champions only have one wound, so its better to hit them with long rifle even. Abominations are debuffed by half move, also will suffer from 6+ initiative after concussion, or 5+ without. Anyway, grav could be useful.

rafa_604

Juve
Mar 13, 2020
Hi All,

I know that this thread was discussed few thousand times but I would like your advice on Clan that I’ve just created.
I still think about how to equip my Juve,
Maybe dual stab pistols or dual auto pistols.
Later on I’m thinking to add plasma gun on Leader

Any thoughts will be very appreciated:

House Delaque:

Leader 110
Long rifle 30
Web Gunlet 35
Owerwatch or Overseer
Sub-Total: 175

Champion 95
Flechette Pistol 30
Flechette Pistol 30
Gunfighter
Sub-Total: 155

Champion 95
Webgun 115
Plasma Pistol 50
Hip Shooting or Infiltrate
Sub-Total: 260

Ganger 1 50
Shotgun 30
Smoke Grenades 15
Sub-Total: 95

Ganger 2 50
Shotgun 30
Smoke Grenades 15
Sub-Total: 95

Ganger 3 50
Autogun 15
Sub-Total: 65

Ganger 4 50
Autogun 15
Sub-Total: 65

Juve 25
Stilletto dagger 20
Las pistol 10
Smoke Grenades 15
Sub-Total: 70

TOTAL: 980

Mar 8, 2019
So thoughts:

Overwatch on the leader, you have a good gun on him, allow him to use it, overseer is useful for gangs with big guns or melee beasts you want to fling up the field, your gang has neither.

I'd consider ditching the web gauntlet, if your sniper ends up in melee somethings gone horribly wrong already...

Why plasma pistol on the web gun champion? With Hip shooting you should always be shooting the web gun making the pistol a 50 cred waste, save the money and if you're desperate to give him a side arm keep it cheap and give him a stub gun with dum dums, i wouldn't bother personally, web guns are priority targets, he's unlikely to stay alive long enough in most games to need the sidearm

With the money saved turn the Juve into a ganger and equip him up, Delaque juves arent great, from memory they're BS/WS5+ making putting them in melee a risky prospect even with the Stiletto knife

MrAndersson

Gang Champion
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
Trimmed the fat off your list and upgraded some of the equipment:

Leader (Overwatch) - Long rifle
Champion (Gunfighter) - Plasma pistol x2
Champion (Hip shooting) - Web gun
Ganger - Shotgun
Ganger - Shotgun
Ganger - Autogun
Ganger - Autogun
Ganger - Long rifle

And this only amounts to 915 credits, and is in no way worse than your list. In fact, several of the fighters are straight up upgrades.