N18 Delaque delinquents

Discussion in 'Gangs & Loadout' started by Shadow Hunter, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

Just wondered if I can get advise on my gang...
    I've not played this version of necromunda before. Last time I played was about 8 years ago. But my friends and I have been drawn back in by the lovely models. And tbh I was waiting for delaque.

Now I got the box set of men as a Christmas present and was so excited I built the models with what looked good before I'd even read the new rules, armoury or even gang war lists. So I have not built an optimal gang. And was further hampered by only having the weapons that were on the sprue. So no Web pistols etc.

With this in mind please can you cast your experienced eyes over the gang and give some advice. I am going to struggle to change weapon load out as I have made and painted my men. Though I am considering another box set. I am really struggling to decide on initial skills especially on my leader. And if I should go basic and full 10man squad. Or drop some men to get in more war gear.
    I will be hosting a weekend long campaign with my mates. The other gangs will be Goliath, Van Saar, Cawdor, GSC and orlocks.

Thanks for any feedback.

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/shadow_hunters.37380/

2. The skills are ok, but if you are taking the current equipment, I would maybe give fast shot to both snipers to double their firepower, or possibly take one with precision shot. Evade is good but your leader is going to be quite close to the enemy so you are only going to get the -1 hit modifier once you are at your offensive range. Evade would be better on a model like the sniper, as they will almost always be at the opponents long range. You could place your snipers anywhere without ever worrying about cover.

The leader is a difficult choice for me, and would depend on the game type, ZM or SM? If its SM (I assume it is as you have two snipers), I would possibly keep evade or take sprint. That would get him in to the action fast, and out of trouble. Spring up is pretty good and your initiative would mean you stand up for free 2/3 of the time. You are relying on your leader to close with the enemy so sprinting would be my choice.

3. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa Gang Champion

4. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

Thanks guys. Yes I've read the discussion thanks. Just wondered what people would advise taking into account I will struggle to alter my build. After reading the discussion I'd love to ad Web guns and pistols but I don't have the weapons or even know where to buy them.

I wasn't happy with evade tbh. I put it there just to add a skill. Spring up sounds useful. I was also thinking of the one that allows him to activate more friends but not sure i would always use it as he might not always have that many supporting gang members.

Sorry yes we will be playing the 3d version.

I thought overwatch might help to keep my leader safe. Eg. When they declare an attack against him I try and pin them first. But i do like fast shot also.

5. Jlove

Jlove Ganger

The best place to get web guns/pistols is the GSC sprue. Could ask your mate if he has any left over you could trade him for?

TabulaRasa and Shadow Hunter like this.
  6. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa Gang Champion

I think it’s a Matt of taste. Personally I’m not too sure about the grav gun. The short range coupled with the to wound rules o graviton pulse might make it a point sink. I’d much rather run a plasma gun on a champ. This or a web gun. The ten bodies are nice, but the juves and the guy with the stub guns probably won’t be doing that much. One way to get around this might be to get the ganger with two stubgun the web gauntlet (drop one of the guns). Also drop the pistols on the long rifles - you’ll probably need smoke more than sidearms. If you with this could upgrade one of the juves to a CC or shooty ganger that would be good.

I’m not a fan of fast shot - clever players will make you move to get them shots. Spring up or overseer on your leader depending on the rest of the gang.

If you end up running the grav gun (do it on a champ then), let us know how it performs.

Shadow Hunter likes this.
  7. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'd not thought about dropping pistols fro.m the snipers. I guess as the models have the guns I just bought them. But i could easily just say they don't have them and save points.

Not knowing the rules, and the grav gun being the only special type of weapon on the sprue I used it. I gave it a Ganger with the theory that the poorer BS doesn't matter so much if he misses as it's a blast template and might still scatter onto something. It was also the only blast template weapon on the sprue which is why I took it in case templates are useful weapons.
    I got to admit I think I like my twin stub guy gun least rules wise. But he looked cool when I made him holding both pistols. Good idea about adding a Web gauntlet. I'll see if I can save enough points to do it

TabulaRasa likes this.
  8. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa Gang Champion

Template weapons are great. And it's true that you're not as reliable on a high BS to make it work, but generally it is more a question as to have someone with the extra wound and skill sets so as to make the investment more survivable (and this is a really expensive one) as well as getting the most out of it. If you look at the stats it has a quite short range (18"?), so you are susceptible to some heavy fire and whilst the damage and ap is nice the rules for grav weapons (if my memory is correct) only means that you wound someone if you roll HIGHER than the target's S. So generally this will mean it wounds on 4+ and against goliaths this is already down to a 5+. In comparison to this a champ with plasma gun and telescopic sight is probably going to be able to put out as much fire (1,7 shots) but wounding more reliably and at a longer range. It might work out great - especially depending on the meta, so if you end up using it it would be great with a review!

Shadow Hunter likes this.
  9. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

Not quite. The rules are if you ar e hit by a graviton pulse you have to roll equal to or lower than your strength.

10. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

11. TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa Gang Champion

You sure? Remember reacting that it was lackluster in comparison to toxin by not doing things on ties

12. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

Sorry what you wrote is essentially correct. I tried to delete my post as I had slightly misread the rule. But I posted it by mistake. Blaming being hungover after. Stag do and on way home on a train. Lol

TabulaRasa likes this.
  13. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

I'm thinking with the new list the leader advances with the other short range Gangers. And the sniper champ sits with the other sniper to maybe get them both activating together. I put the scope on the sniper Ganger to help him hit more often.

I now have a champion with flesh gauntlet.. But not sure what skills would make the most sense

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice