Monterey, CA, USA
So this is a board control gang ish.

So
Lead: Photo goggles, Auto P, Overseer
Champ: Photo Goggles, Auto P, Stun/Smoke grenades, Hip shooting
Champ: Photo Goggles, Fleshette, Stun/Smoke grenades, Hip Shooting
4x Gangers: Photo Goggles, Auto P, Photo flash flare/Smoke grenades
2 x Juves Photo Goggles, Auto P, Smoke grenades

So Gang is weak against blast weapons and models with photo goggles. It's a denial type gang. Idea with auto P is your starting off with your secondary weapons. As the campaign progresses you get the more juicier stuff.

So that's a total of 8 smoke grenades but with ammo roll's considered you should get roughly 13' ish smoke grenades. So you cover your advance with smoke. When you get close Champs toss stun grenades to give concussion condition so photo flash flare's get a higher chance of landing their condition.

Table is too tilted?

footpatrol2

Apr 10, 2019
Monterey, CA, USA
Doh. So...

Lead: Photo goggles, Auto P, Overseer, Mesh armor
Champ: Photo Goggles, Fleshette Photo flash/Smoke grenades, Hip shooting
Champ: Photo Goggles, Fleshette, Photo flash//Smoke grenades, Hip Shooting
5 x Gangers: Photo Goggles, Auto P, stun/Smoke grenades

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
I think this is drastically lacking firepower- sure, you can probably keep most starting gangs pinned with impunity barring bad smoke rolls, strategy cards, other unpredictable circumstances, but as far as actually taking models OOA (or damaging the Sabotage objective) you’re going to be taking a long, long time. Goliath gangs won’t *enjoy* fighting you, but you’re also going to wound them even less reliably than the T3 gangs.

I’d try to make room for a couple of shotguns at the absolute minimum- you’re already operating at close range, and the solid slugs will give you much needed damage 2 output. If you save points by going back to Juves, you might want to think about giving them stub guns instead of autopistols as well. There’s a reason they’re the classic Juve weapon- the accuracy bonuses mitigate their worse BS in a way that Rapid Fire doesn’t, and access to dum-dum bullets gets you some crucial S4 shooting that can even make them a genuine threat.

Last edited:

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
I do think you’re overinvested on smoke. There should be sufficient terrain in either ZM or SM that a solid wall of smoke isn’t needed to block off all of your opponent’s lines of sight, and relying on a solid wall of coverage also means scatter resulting in a gap in that coverage could screw you pretty hard.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Yeah, what @Merzbau says, I've played against a delaque player in our campaign who only has smoke on his 2 juves (and possibly one other guy), and that is generally enough to drop them at key locations to give him the edge. If you really wanted to focus on it, maybe 4 sets, but that would be it at starting I think.

I also think shotguns or webbers are going to be your friend here to give you some stopping power up close

TabulaRasa

Gang Champion
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Yes, fire power! And also, last I checked stun grenades don't come with a blast trait so they're crap. This might be an omission, but might not be so I would play as is and not try to house rule. You could use the very expensive grav gun if you want the synergy with flash flares.

I think your list doesn't benefit from Overseer, so would give him spring up instead. I would also only put goggles and sights on the fighters with a chance of dealing damage. You can always get the rest tooled up if you still feel the need for it a couple of games in. However you actually need a fist in that smoke glove.

You are also very short range so if your opponent gets your tactic he can just try to keep out of range. A long rifle and or plasma gun would take care of that.

Merzbau

Ganger
Nov 9, 2018
Philadelphia
I’m pretty sure every edition of Necromunda 17-18 has had stun grenades without Blast- in-fiction, I think they’re supposed to be some kind of small-scale electrical thing like Reivers use on 40k; I’ve remembered it by thinking of stun grenades as just beaning someone with a brick.