Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Hi all!

So, I've recently rediscovered a set of diggas lying about in one of my cases. I've had a few made and painted (badly) to use as scum in old munda. I'm now thinking it's about time I redid the lot of them as a proper digga gang with transports, ready to take on skid row.

My initial thoughts for a starting list are:
Digganob, slugga, choppa (using a old school escher with power sword model as the boss)
Shaman, slugga, finda stick
Diggaboy, kannon
Diggaboy, kannon
Diggaboy, kannon
Diggaboy, shoota
Diggaboy, blunderbuss
Diggaboy, 6-shoota
Yoof, blunderbuss
Yoof, blunderbuss
Yoof, blunderbuss
Yoof, slugga
Trukk, harpoon
Yoof (driver)

my aim is numbers, I reckon I can outnumber any ork mobs out there and with enough long and short range firepower, hopefully inflict some casualties before combat, meaning I can then dog pile anyone who survives the fusillade. Now I've not played Gorkamorka in... 20 years so no idea if this will work (or even when I will eventually get some games in), but its nice to have a mob ready to go should any of my gaming group decide to give it a go.

I'll be hopefully painting up my mob in the next few weeks, so updates will follow...

In the meantime, any comments on the mob, please shout (loudly!)

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I think you might be right, i picked up a trukk and a buggy today from a mate to convert up so might rejig my list to include that.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Okay, new list:

Digganob, slugga, choppa (13)
Shaman, slugga, finding stick (10)
Boy, blunderbuss (5)
Boy, Kannon (7)
Boy, shoota (6)
Boy, 6 shoota, bike with twin linked shootas (20)
Yoof, 6 shoota (4)
Yoof & Boy, 2 blunderbuss, trukk with harpoor (yoof driver, boy gunner) (35)

Thats only a mob starting size of 9 rahter than 13 before, but means less to fit on a trukk and one boy has his own bike. Quick question, bikes cannot be fitted with big guns, but can they be fitted with twin normal guns? How I read it was yes but wondering if anyone knew for sure.

This means I have 6 fighters on the back of the trukk, which once I convert the sun shade (giving me to layers to put models on) I should be able to fit 3 on each level comfortably, even using normal round bases rather than the skinny gomo ones.

This leaves me with a bike, a buggy and a trakk for making an ork list in the future which I forsee involving a lot of mek boys for how many vehicles it will have!

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
And a pic to wet your appetites. the back set are boy with shoota, shaman, boy with blunder, digganob, boy with kannon, yoof with 6 shoota (and spear about to be removed)
Down front to the left is the on foot boy when he gets off his bike, and the legs I'll be using to make the riding model, then the on foot gunner, trukk with bits of crew ready to be hacked apart to fit and then the yoof driver dismounted on the right.

Plan is to magnetise the crew so I can remove them when they are out the vehicles... will see if I manage to stick to this plan or not.

20211108_104621.jpg

Kon-rad

Gang Champion
Nov 11, 2014
Nagoya, Japan
Diggaz are so much fun! Diggaz big advantage (or at least sort of break even point) is that point of Initiative is like 1/2 a point of WS. I get a boardin plank as quick as I can and swarm them with shield n spear or shield n choppa tottin' savages. But hey, play with the figures you have and it will all work out. But lots of yoofs are good. The more bodies you have search in the post game, the better your chances of diggin' up some archeoteck. Eventually, you'll want to leave your 'ard Diggaz out of the scavenging because it's even more dangerous than working in the mine.
I should mention, we play house-rules that eliminate pinning, but add a toof to the starting cost of the figure, making them cost as much as their Ork equivalents. Pinning really did not serve much function we found, except to make things even more complicated. Read the pinning rules carefully, I forget all the details, but it can really mess you up.

FrostyZ

Juve
Jan 13, 2022
Hi all!

So, I've recently rediscovered a set of diggas lying about in one of my cases. I've had a few made and painted (badly) to use as scum in old munda. I'm now thinking it's about time I redid the lot of them as a proper digga gang with transports, ready to take on skid row.

My initial thoughts for a starting list are:
Digganob, slugga, choppa (using a old school escher with power sword model as the boss)
Shaman, slugga, finda stick
Diggaboy, kannon
Diggaboy, kannon
Diggaboy, kannon
Diggaboy, shoota
Diggaboy, blunderbuss
Diggaboy, 6-shoota
Yoof, blunderbuss
Yoof, blunderbuss
Yoof, blunderbuss
Yoof, slugga
Trukk, harpoon
Yoof (driver)

my aim is numbers, I reckon I can outnumber any ork mobs out there and with enough long and short range firepower, hopefully inflict some casualties before combat, meaning I can then dog pile anyone who survives the fusillade. Now I've not played Gorkamorka in... 20 years so no idea if this will work (or even when I will eventually get some games in), but its nice to have a mob ready to go should any of my gaming group decide to give it a go.

I'll be hopefully painting up my mob in the next few weeks, so updates will follow...

In the meantime, any comments on the mob, please shout (loudly!)
Sweet!

Fullork

Ganger
Feb 19, 2016
Nj
Rather than make a new thread, what's a general starting build for diggas? Can't find much on them or freebootas.