I also run into problems with the seam most of the time and in many cases just make another cast and try again. If you see the legs for the warrior, the second leg didnt quite line up so will need to be partially rebuilt with green stuff.How do you manage the seam? Mine always get very noticeable. Although I'm using ProCreate putty, which has worked fine for me, the seam gets a bit too thick when I cast small bits (like arms). The result is an arm that's 0.5-1mm wider than the original. It's not noticeable when casting big things, you can spot it on guns or arms if you have an original to compare to. Maybe I just pack a bit too much into the mould?
I find that if the mold is made with 2x pieces without an enclosure/brace for the mold the seams are a real problem.
Making the mold as a single one time use piece that you just cut the piece out when its finished is less problematic with seams, but adds tot the time involved
@SirFrog upon second reading I see your point about the seam/scale difference that happens. The only time I've really noticed it is when trying to make copies of heads for models, when doing arms and such I usually just file down the parts a bit. For smaller bits like grenades/belt accessories I havent really noticed a problem
Truth be told I've never actually successfully molded a copy of a big gun, I tried a number of times with the Orlock Heavy stubber but gave up after a while. The warrior thorax copy was the largest piece I've successfully copied.
Once I've green stuffed the warrior heads I'll try to make some molds and take pics of the process for how Ive done it. But I'd certainly like some advice on how to do it better