Necromunda Does this look infested to you (finished terrain)

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I’d like to recommend the use of brown paint, silver paint and a sponge. It’ll take you 5 minutes to do but will really make it look weathered and old.

First sponge the brown paint on so it looks like rust, and then pick out spots with the silver where it’s its worn down to the bare metal.

You can see the effect on the edge of the tower here.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
This is the piece I did for my first YakComp, and it's also the only entry I've actually finished. This was way back for YakComp 19, the Bits Box challenge. The base is a door from one of those prefab MDF entertainment centers. The bulk of it is 4 empty sample size plastic paint cans. The rest is cardboard, an empty play doh can, a CD, and a couple odd plastic pieces from the bits box. It's a Workshop piece of territory from ORB. I modeled on locker doors and drawers for materials and projects, but the scale is way off. There's also a scatter terrain workstation and autorepairer. This piece also has the dubious honor of being the last gaming thing I've painted...:cry:
View media item 5166

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
If you hate clean terrain, this one not be for you. It's a chemical storage zone that's barely been dirtied with drybrushing. Plus it's covered with gloss coat, so maybe its fairly new construction? yeah, that's the ticket! Its basically just food and vitamin containers. They're all store brands, with blank lids which are great for models. No filler or filing required, and two plus models can fit on them.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
So i found this piece of scatter terrain while digging through some boxes. it’s...ummm...rather bright? i think it’s mostly random megablox glued together on a plasticard base. the paint makes me think more Infinity cyberpunk than grimdark underhive, but that’s weird because i’ve never bought anything from the game Infinity (not even their anthropomorphics...)

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Curiously, it says I don’t have the required permissions to view the embedded image.

2 comments