N18 Dual Pistol Death Maiden?

Sergiom

Nov 19, 2017
Spain
Currently I am assembling some spare Escher models. When it comes to equipping my ongoing Death Maiden, I was considering giving her two needle pistols, so that he can use them ranged and in melee (to take advantage of that 2+ WS), as well as their rerolling 1s special rule. Has anyone ever donde that? I guess it's not even as effective as the proper melee DM, but I would like to hear opinions/experiences. Thank you all!

Currently I am assembling some spare Escher models. When it comes to equipping my ongoing Death Maiden, I was considering giving her two needle pistols, so that he can use them ranged and in melee (to take advantage of that 2+ WS), as well as their rerolling 1s special rule. Has anyone ever donde that? I guess it's not even as effective as the proper melee DM, but I would like to hear opinions/experiences. Thank you all!
You're losing attacks. Sidearm can ONLY be given 1 attack (unless they're rapid fire and you hit multiple times). So at max with 2 Needle Pistols, you're only getting 2 attacks. So you're sacrificing 1 from their profile, 1 from a charge, and 1 from duel wielding (if you build that way).

I always build with either 2 Stiletto Swords or two Claws. I could maybe see the benefit of a Needle Pistol, but you're focus and goal should be melee and adding a ranged option might sway you not to charge when you always should.

Reactions: Stompzilla
Can you quote the book and page on that? The rule I'm looking at says remaining attacks must be unarmed
I'm not actually seeing it 🤔. I do see it says the fighter CAN wield a weapon in each hand as long as it's melee or sidearm. It then also says a fighter can always fight unarmed. Then sidearm say only 1 attack can be assigned to the sidearm and all other attacks must be assigned to a melee weapon or be unarmed.

I was operating off the fact that since they have 2 hands and they're both occupied, I thought you lost the extra attacks.

Thanks for correcting me!

That being said, you're still losing out on toxic that with your Deathmaiden with two Needle Pistols if you don't also assign Claws or a Stiletto Sword.

Last edited:
Page 68 step 3. If the fighter is attacking with more than 1 weapon the attack dice must be split BETWEEN the weapons.

As the weapons only get 1 attack, the rest cannot be unarmed attacks as they have no hand "unarmed" to attack with.

Reactions: Psyan
Thank you all for your answers! The idea I had in mind was to use it gunslinger style in case I don't have enough move to get a charge, and in case she gets pinned, be able to retaliate. Once in melee, I thought 2 poison hits plus the bonus and another 3 unarmed attacks should be enough to eliminate the threat.

Truth to be said, I already have a dual sword wielding DM, and I was reluctant to make a second one.

Reactions: ViolentN3on
Seems unnecessarily restrictive to me. My Arbiter (aka me) and my group, do it the 2x sidearm attacks and then the rest unarmed way. It seems entirely the most logical way and is in keeping with the rules.

Does the death maiden suddenly forget how to elbow a mofo in the throat, just because she has 2 pistols instead of a knife and a pistol? Ridiculous.

It's not unnecessarily restrictive and it is completely within the rules. The rules say you can make attacks with weapons OR unarmed. They further say, if you're using two weapons you MUST split your attacks between the two weapons. You're CHOOSING two weapons that ONLY allow 1 attack to be assigned... so you can EITHER attack with 1 pistol and the rest unarmed, OR with both pistols sacrificing your "extra" attacks. Or you can equip a third weapon with the melee trait, giving 1 attack to 1 pistol and the remaining to the melee weapon.

Your argument is flawed because someone could then argue since you're letting me have the extra attacks unarmed, then if I have a third weapon with the melee trait, I'll assign the remaining attacks to that.

So if your using two pistols in melee, you lose the extra attacks unless you grow a third arm to make the remainder with. Unless you're arbiter (aka you) make a house rule giving you your cake and letting you eat it to.

FYI, the two pistols in melee thing has been a debate for some time.

FYI, the two pistols in melee thing has been a debate for some time.
Thanks for the link! I'll stop debating this here and let @Sergiom decide what's best for them with the information provided and get a local definitive from their arbiter!

The way the rules are written. It's not a permissive rules system, unless your arbiter makes it so.

It is a permissive rules system. In that the rules tell you what you CAN do ( I.e. what is permitted). If the rules don't say it - assume it can't be done.

Reactions: JayTee