Elucidian Starstriders?

May 21, 2021
an hour east of Frisco
My local game shop doesn't do Necromunda (YET! ;)) but they do play Kill Team. I'm getting back into the hobby after a coupe decade break and figured that would be a place to start meeting people in the hobby.

Are the Elucidian Starstriders a standard playable team or are they specific to the Rogue Trader Kill Team Boxed Game?

I still have all my old Metal Cadians and Black Legion if I had to play a "normal" team, I just have always loved the Rogue Trader aesthetic, all the way back to 1E.

If I wanted to dig through my old models and put together a real old school Rogue Trader team what materials would be necessary? The printed books, cards, dice?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I don't play Kill Team, so I'm not really qualified to answer, but I think the Rogue Trader box (with the Gellerpox) was for the previous version of Kill Team before a new edition last year(?) - I don't know whether the models have current edition rules or not, but any that come with them are probably out of date.

daveh

Ganger
Jan 16, 2022
the starstriders are not part of necromunda , but they could be used as a 'counts as' gang.

May 21, 2021
an hour east of Frisco
the starstriders are not part of necromunda , but they could be used as a 'counts as' gang.

Oh for sure, I knew they weren't supported as is as a gang, I just wanted to join the local Kill Team guys with them.

I know nothing about Kill Team and didn't want to pick up another expensive box set and not be able to use it. :LOL:

NoOneII.

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
Oh for sure, I knew they weren't supported as is as a gang, I just wanted to join the local Kill Team guys with them.

I know nothing about Kill Team and didn't want to pick up another expensive box set and not be able to use it. :LOL:

The Eleucidans do not have rules in the current version if KillTeam. It's not known if there ever will be some, and nobody knows why they didn't get some.
If your local store does have a box of Eleucidans still in stock for a normal price you could consider buying the box, ripping it apart and selling those parts. And after that you'll have the difficult decision if you want a Lambo or a Ferrari. ;)
That's obviously exxagerated, but the box is out of print and many people like the Eleucidans.
That notwithstanding: The old KillTeam was horrible, the new Edition is a VERY good game.

Also: I can very well imagine to play the Eleucidans in Necromunda as a Venator or maybe Outcast gang.

• Haha
Reactions: Space Truckin

NoOneII.

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
Are their rules for any rogue traders in the new KT?
Not so far, no.
But each quarter there comes a box with two new teams. One of which is really newnew, the other a known unit choice from 40k with an upgrade sprue.

So far:
Kommando Orks (new) and DeathKorps of Krieg (also new, it was the first core box.
Battlesister novitiates (new) and Tau Pathfinders (upgraded)
Eldar Corsairs (new) and Chaos Space Marines (upgraded)

So rogue traders would fit the bill quite well

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
No. The only teams that don't have rules in Kill Team are those 2 teams that were specifically and exclusively made for Kill Team :LOL:
It would be nice if they could spare WD space for these. As well as Servants of the Abyss. Also I don't see why starstriders and gellerpox couldn't be boxed up under the KT badge. They were lovely models deserving of more time in the sun.

Servants of the Abyss is less likely as the sprue was so mixed. I'd love if my BSF drones had some KT21 rules though. If only for scenario play.

Not sure if it'll happen but these are what I'd like WD rules be for not proper faction rules superceeding bought rulebooks.

Greyhart

Ganger
Oct 1, 2018
West Greenwich, RI
I would like to see the Starstriders for KT 2.0 since 1) I have the Rogue Trader box set, and 2) I think they would be an excellent flavorful team. Plus it would give me an excuse to finally paint them. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Galtarr

MakaroniFresser

Ganger
Tribe Council
Jan 20, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
They really just need to have rules for a generic Rogue Trader Retinue for KT2.0 and let players bring their own models. If you have the Starstrider Voidsmen, use 'em, if not, bring some Guardsmen lasgunners, or even Necromunda lasgunners. There's plenty of models that could stand in for the Rogue Trader itself, like some of the Inquisitors. Then it wouldn't matter if they rerelease the Starstriders set (I wish they would, it was one of their best designs!).

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.games
That Starstrider boxed set should have been a stand alone game. I remember buzzing about it, the reveals and adverts were awesome, and then it was revealed it was a Kill Team expansion. So disappointed. Still got a copy like, but just for parts.