N18 Enforcer Starter Gang

HAUSPLANTZ

Jun 12, 2020
Hey guys, I'm new to necromunda and wanted to start a enforcer gang. I came up with this roster because I liked the look and the feel of the gang, but, have no clue if its op or hot garbage. Would be nice if I could get a pointer in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Hellmawrs Hounds

Reactions: GreyMatter

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
For starters your 60cr over the normal starting gang rating.
It looks like a decent enough gang though. Only 6 fighters is very small and you may suffer, but each person is fairly strong.
To shave credits I'd probably look at dropping the grenades, especially when you're armed with things like bolters you don't really need them.

JayTee

Ganger
Jun 14, 2015
I'm guessing the skills are placeholders as one is illegal, one is useless, and one is total trash (Helmawr's Justice).

Shock Batons are more expensive and generally worse than Shock Staves so I'd recommend swapping those out.

I'd look at dropping all/some of the Assault Shields and using the creds to grab another Bolter Patrolman. You're unlikely to need the extra save right at the start of the campaign, while the extra body plus excellent weapon will be invaluable.

The thrown grenades are almost certainly better being launched grenades on your Subjugator Sergeant, plus for some bizarre reason Choke grenades are a whopping 20creds cheaper when fired through a Grenade Launcher.

Reactions: GreyMatter

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
It's a pretty bad list. You are going to have trouble pulling off wins with it.

For starters, as Kiro mentioned, 6 fighters is a very small gang. I think 7 would be the number to aim for here. Enforcers struggle to get higher without sacrificing too much in terms of equipment.

The second big problem I see is that you don't have any real firepower. Even a melee focused gang like yours needs fire support. You have an enforcer boltgun (which is a good weapon, borderline OP), but nothing else really. Your grenade launcher doesn't have krak grenade (which is a BIG no-no) and the enforcer shotgun has got very limited range. Concussion carbine can be good for crowd control, but it doesn't do a lot of damage.

Your gang suffers a lot from what is usually referred to as "bloat", meaning you have some unecessary equipment that doesn't really add anything to the gang, other than bloating your gang rating. Some examples of this:
- stun grenades on the sergeant
- choke and photon flash grenades on the 3rd patrolman
- assault shield on grenade launcher patrolman

You also have a problem in your melee fighters. As they are equipped, they are solely focused on close combat. But with only 1 attack each, and mediocre melee weapons, they don't have a very good chance of taking out their opponent on the charge. This is a problem with many gangs that try to go for a melee heavy approach, and there is no real solution to it at gang creation. You need access to the trading post to get your hands on the killy stuff.

HAUSPLANTZ

Jun 12, 2020
Thanks guys for the answers. On Saturday I played the first game with them. I'll definitely keep the two guys with ccw and shield, but as you mentioned I'll change up the equipment of the enforcer with the shield. And add a further guy with enforcer bolt gun.