N18 Enforcers starting gang?

Oct 21, 2020
One of my buddies who is picking up necromunda with me is interested in enforcers, but is a bit at a loss as how to start out with them. Im trying to give him some starting list ideas for him to build off of. Any advice would be very welcome.

Subjugator Captain, Vigilance Assault Shield, Shock Stave, Dum Dums. Threat Response.

2x Palanite Sergeants, Sniper Rifles. Overwatch.

2x Subjugator Patrolmen, Grenade Launchers.

Palanite Patrolman, Shotgun.

Palanite Patrolman, Boltgun.

Or, if he has no interest in buying or converting subjugators, this list with only palanites.

Captain, Shock Stave, Shotgun.

Sergeant, Sniper rifle.

Sergeant, Shotgun

4x Patrolmen, Boltguns.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZackSD

ZackSD

Juve
Mar 7, 2018
Verona, VR, Italia
The top one looks solid, but i'm not a fan of Sniper Rifles expecially on Champs.
Just a tip, Concussion Carbines are great and cheap too! Maybe you can squeeze one in.

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
The problem with enforcers is that they have one weapon that stands head and shoulders above everything else in the game, so it's kinda hard (from a gameplay perspective) to justify taking anything else. Everything you take that is not an enforcer boltgun (or someone to carry one) is actively hurting your gang's performance. But then again, it feel kinda boring to just spam a single weapon, even if it's quite thematic for a police force.

Weapon balance in this game is not stellar.

Oct 21, 2020
So the best list out of the gate for enforcers would look something like this?

Palanite Captain, Bolter, Shock Stave, DumDums. Threat Response.

2x Palanite Sergeants, Bolter. Trick Shot.

4x Palanite Patrolmen, Bolter.

I also got him a box of the subjugators as a gift in case he wanted to use them. I think he would be a fan of the shield and Stave on Captain.

Subjugator Captain, Vigilance Assault Shield, Shock Stave. Threat Response.

Palanite Sergeant, Bolter. Trick Shot.

Palanite Sergeant, Sniper rifle. Overwatch.

2x Palanite Patrolmen, Bolters.

I could also switch the sniper rifle to a Concussion Carbine and give it to a patrolman instead. Im not sure which of the two is more preferable.

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Be aware, the Enforcers rely on their equipment because their stats are mediocre. Most fights you'll fight are going to be uphill battles (especially from the beginning), as most other gangs are just better in some way, be it speed, strength, accuracy, combat prowess, or numbers. So, you need to focus on their weaknesses instead of your strength, because your only strength is superior firepower provided by the almighty Boltgun, and relatively good board control in form of grenade launchers and concussion carbines.

Playing the Enforcers is like playing the Imperial Guard. No gods, no crazy tech, no drugs, just flak armor, trusty gun, and balls of steel. And that's the best.

-----
Palanite Captain, Bolter, Shock Stave, DumDums. Threat Response. Got Your Six. You don't want your rifleman in CC. I know the 3+WS and 2A is tempting, but no.

2x Palanite Sergeants, Bolter. Trick Shot. I'd give him either Infiltrate or Overwatch. You can later buy him the sniper rifle.

4x Palanite Patrolmen, Bolter. Get some Shotguns and Carbines. You need some templates for auto-pinning. A cop in CC is a dead cop.

I also got him a box of the subjugators as a gift in case he wanted to use them. I think he would be a fan of the shield and Stave on Captain.

Subjugator Captain, Vigilance Assault Shield, Shock Stave. Threat Response. Make him a sergeant. Captain is too expensive to be beaten up in CC.

Palanite Sergeant, Bolter. Trick Shot.

Palanite Sergeant, Sniper rifle. Overwatch.

2x Palanite Patrolmen, Bolters.

I could also switch the sniper rifle to a Concussion Carbine and give it to a patrolman instead. Im not sure which of the two is more preferable

Final Advice, and the most valuable of them all... MAGNETISE

Reactions: DamianK

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
^as above, keep Enforcers out of Melee.

I'd mix in more templates, partly because bolter spam is boring, partly because heavy cover and Corpse Grinders are real and for both you'll want templates and partly because the Enforcer sprue doesn't come with enough boltguns to equip every model

Reactions: DamianK

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
So the best list out of the gate for enforcers would look something like this?

Palanite Captain, Bolter, Shock Stave, DumDums. Threat Response.

2x Palanite Sergeants, Bolter. Trick Shot.

4x Palanite Patrolmen, Bolter.
Forget about palanite drill skills, shooting skills are so much better. The leader should have trick shot, just like the champions.

And I have no idea why you would want a shock stave when you already have a bolter.

Make those changes and you will have what is probably the best enforcer starting list there is. Is it boring? You bet. But damn effective.