N18 Equipping Enforcers mid campaign

Alex Hutton

Oct 3, 2021
Hi All,

Just wanting to pick some collective brains about equipping the po-po with some trading post items further down the campaign trail.

I would of course like to keep in theme and would prefer to stick to Enforcer approved weapons where possible, however that will only get me so far I fear.

I guess my full question is does anybody consider it sacrilege to purchase firestorm (flamestorm? you know the one) ammunition for an enforcer shotgun, or Krak Grenades for the Assault Ram? With the listed ammunition options having identical stats with the combat shotgun and other grenade launchers, common sense tells me they should be the same caliber. Unless there is fluff stating otherwise?

Cheers!

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
I would have no qualms about picking up extra ammo types for existing enforcer weapons, just consider it being a requisition request to their regional quatrermaster ("the Goliaths in this area have taken to wearing some serious armour, requesting krak grenades under Enforcer Escalation Protocol 148-B to bring them to order").

I think it only gets a bit unfluffy if you're trying to equip them with non-standard weapons, particularly Xenos ones, or stims/drugs (particularly Ghast) but even then one could easily role-play it as a desperate local commander busting open the "contraband" safe to find some way to keep his boys safe - he'll worry about the paperwork later!

mateyboy3000

Ganger
May 29, 2017
If you kept it legit like plasma/melta and other impirial weapons that's getting no argument from me, it's the captain acquiring weapons to combat the local gangs that would not be issued under normal circumstances

Banjulhu

Juve
Oct 7, 2019
How does everyone feel about equipping Subjugator weapons on Enforcers and vice versa?
It's not possible as the enforcer weapons can not be purchased from the Trading Post and when bought from the gang list go straight to the model that selected it.

Alex Hutton

Oct 3, 2021
Thanks for your input guys,

My thoughts were if the imperial guard can have them, surely the enforcers could too, my personal preference would be to stay away from energy based weapons, leaning more towards Heavy bolters, Autocannons, missile launchers, if I wanted "big" guns

I do think the upgraded ammunition types will get me as far as I need to go in the short term however.

Cheers.