N18 Escher build & roster suggestions

Mar 5, 2016
Uxbridge, Ma USA
Building a 10 piece box and purchased 4 assembled models from eBay.
6 Built:
  • Chem thrower
  • Lasgun and knife
  • Plamsa pistol and knife
  • Plasma pistol and auto pistol
  • Shotgun
  • Power sword and combo bolter
How should I proceed with building the remaining 8? I'd like to rotate in the 4 extras to give balance to different scenarios, etc. I have some SM bits (bolters and bolt pistols) and would rather not have to but bits and pieces.

kueppe

Sep 17, 2018
Weitefeld
Some more laser is always good for pinning. A plasma champ is good to, but since your plasmapistol guys are expensive their is not the room in starting roster. I have one chem needler champ but didnt test it since Toxin change.

I've equipped mine for up close and personal, relying on Escher Agi. I have a few gangers with lasguns, then Stilleto swords on the others for that all-important parry and a mix of pistols. Drop rigs work for me as I have a good set of 3d terrain and Photon flash grenades are handy against gangs with low Initiative.

Going forward from this, Grapnel launchers, armour for the vanguard and expand with the ganger lasgun combo for cheap pinning.

In my limited gaming with this loadout against 2 other players, it has done well. The grapnel is good at keeping you out of sight and Photon grenades really do annoy Van Saar.

A heavy melee gang is not to everyone's, taste but it works for me :)

Sump Thing

Juve
Dec 5, 2014
A champion with a needle rifle is really deadly. +2 to hit on short range, effective strength of 4 or even more with chem-synth (champions have the best int to use it and -2ap. It does run out of ammo almost every time the bullet comes up from the dice, but do of their bad cool, eschers are kind of glass cannon gang anyway, so hit hard and hit fast, you are not going to last.
Also power knives are really great weapons for gangers. Giving one and a lasgun is a relatively cheap and effective way to make a versatile ganger geared for every occasion.
You also need juves, as you probably are going get free ones from settlements and/or house favors. Give her a stubgun, and maybe a stiletto knife to offset her starting strength of 2.

kueppe

Sep 17, 2018
Weitefeld
Yea. Sadly stilleto knifes are only good for juves or chars that already got a chem Synthesizer (Needler Champ). Otherwise the 5 points for Power knife are rly worth it. With the good movement backstab is strong (hurt Goliath on 3s).

kueppe

Sep 17, 2018
Weitefeld
i am quite tempted to play a full out poison champ with 2 needle pistols, stiletto and chem synth. 25 is quite low for a str. 4/5 pistol. Even though the range is poor. But with proper skills /support it might get quite annoying (sprint, spring up, overwatch support)