N18 Escher newbie

Discussion in 'Gangs & Loadout' started by Deathdealer101, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Deathdealer101

Deathdealer101 New Member

Hi all,
    Thinking of getting into Necro and running Escher.
    Here's my initial gang list of what I like the look of, it's over cred so would be keen on some advice. Do I drop a juve or trim some equipment and pick up later. Thanks

Leader, power sword, plasmagun
    Champ 1, power sword, plasma pistol
    Champ 2, power sword, plasma pistol
    4x Gangers, lasgun
    Ganger, shotgun
    2x Juves, stiletto knives, was pistol
    1045 cards.

2. el_guestos

el_guestos Ganger

Like it...would maybe be tempted to change up one of those champions to have something with a bit more punch at range, and maybe dedicate another ganger to close support with another shotgun, flamer, melta etc but I really like this list.

3. ThreeDice

ThreeDice Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Depending on what rules you're playing it might be worth dropping a juve, which would help a lot with your overspend.

4. What campaign are you playing? If dominion, I would recommend dropping both Juves. When you have a settlement, you'll get a free Juve fairly often anyway.
    On the topic of Juves, I like the thought of giving them autopistols rather than laspistols. With BS2, my Juves have shot their pistols about twice over 2 campaigns (that's dozens of games). So their pistols see far more use in melee, where the extra range of the laspistol is irrelevant.

My leader uses overseer, and her weapons are mostly decorative.
    So if you're intending on doing that (I would highly recommend it, you can use Overseer to 'catapult' your champs into melee) you don't need the plasma gun on her, so I would put it on a Champ.
    I also prefer stiletto swords to power swords. They're more lethal against multi-wound targets, and you don't have to worry about your strength characteristic when you have them.

i recommend giving your shotgunner acid rounds, they're great. Not necessarily in your starting lineup, but eventually I highly recommend needle rifles, especially if you play zone mortalis. Even if you don't, give them a telescopic sight and they're very effective even in Sector Mechanicus.
    Modelling them is also fairly easy, just cut the needle bit off of the combi-needler and glue it to a lasgun/autogun you've cut the barrel off of. Same deal for needle pistols, although I don't like needle pistols. They're just too short ranged.

I've also had a lot of success using smoke grenades in my campaign, they'd be even better for you as you're going more melee than me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice