Expansions

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
Have played using the new encounters... Was apparently really difficult to shuffle them into the new deck so my Stronghold access corridor was five challenges and a combat. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I got two of the multiplayer only challenges so my expedition was considerably easier than it might have been.

Just as well because the definitely non-sentient robot was the only one still standing coming out of Descent.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Planning to get the Ambull expansion and Escalation this winter, after or at least late in our craft show season, when we have the cash to hand. Not sold on Traitor Command, as yet. Let me know what you think once you see it at work.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
So the Crusader is an absolute beast... fast, tanky as hell, and his aggro ability is wonderful (plus the Ultimatum's ability to manipulate the encounter deck).

The AdMech guy, well, I'm not so sure. His melee attack's stun is quite good if you're going up against a beast like the Ambull or Mallex as is his Designator, but his actual damage potential is pretty weak. His ship on the other hand is really, really good with its ability to flat out cancel an Exploration card. He's probably worth it for that alone.

As to the Ambull expansion: I haven't finished my first Ambull expedition yet, but my first combat encounter had the Ambull and Obsidius Mallex spawn within a few of hexes of each other and Mallex just got a bee in his bonnet about the blue Umber Hulk and tore him a new arsehole. Naturally the big bug wasn't pleased either so in the end the Ratlings were able to make quick work of the biggest, nastiest baddies I've seen in the game up 'til now. It's really been a bit too easy.

Gunkaiser

Gang Champion
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
It'll be another retinue character, I'd almost guarantee it.