Expansions

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Agreed its a lot of traitor guard! I have been on the fence abiut buying more for abdominal intellect.... 3 squads. Also thinking of subbing in older cultist models or something similar.
We have traitor guard, poxwalkers and cultists. I feel more big bad monster enemies like the ambull would be fun

hope ascension gives us some rules to help build a more open sandbox. HHavent dekved into the homebrew stuff yet.

Reactions: Aulenback

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
I'm planning.to paint my cultists and traitor guard a matching scheme so I can sub traitor guards as extra Helot cultists in Necro. And vice versa in BSF.

I bought extras of some models, namely beastmen and drones as they were cheap on a bits site. figure everyone else was buying traitor guard and chaos marines as they were too pricey for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Space Truckin

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
Really liking Traitor Command... you see more of the special baddies than in the Ambull expansion. Downside is there's at least one Ambush Combat Card that doesn't have the AAA markings to place your dudes so I just set them all up in the middle of the map. Traitor Commissar should definitely have more than two wounds (one less than the Sergeant? Why?) but I'm guessing they assumed the Ogryn would almost always be next to him.

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
So I think we're getting our Zoats June 6th now (fingers crossed). Kinda hoping they wait on Ascension... can't really take a $60 ding and a $100+ ding right at the same time...
I second that. only things I'm interested in atm are zoat, ascension and new Escher bits I really don't want them coming in on top of each other.

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
Penitent 707 is fun... definitely recommending bringing him for general use... he's more likely to get killed than Zapdakka, but he seems easier to turn off (or abandon if that's what it takes)

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
It was a crap shoot ebay purchase. $5 and you get 1 model from the set. I believe i got one of the most fiddly ones in the set!

Ms or ummm Mr. 5213 front and center.
AdeptaSororitasArco-Flagellants.png

Whippy arms put Amallyns rifle to shame.

Actually looks like a decent kit for necromunda parts. Lots of whippy arms.

Getting closer to getting the shed complete Im looking forward getting this back on the table. Going to start over from the beginning and get a refresher on the rules with some house rules.

Reactions: Stoof and Aulenback

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
Weirdly enough there is no 707 tag... You'd think when he'd been written up they'd use a tag available in the actual kit.

Was tempted to sculpt it on myself but couldn't bring myself to mess up the OG Arco Damien...

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Pre order complete and a spare box of cultists on the way! I cant hobby right now so i collect. :rolleyes:

Been looking at the pre release info and the trust thing. Would be nice to retroactively introduce trust issues for others like the Ork if possible.

Anyways got the roof on the warshed this weekend. Should have the walls up soon and ready to start printing trihex citadel tiles.

Reactions: Stoof and Aulenback

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Havent looked at his rules too closely yet. Havent gotten round to orks or orgyns or even the space monkey yet.
Actually want to buy and build out all of the game options.

Unless of course Ascenion gives us rules for a ton more models!

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
Welp, I've got it... lots of interesting mechanics but the only thing you're really going to be getting for future expeditions is a few vault goodies and access to the Archivist (the discovery and exploration cards don't really work with other parts of the game). Only really glanced at it thus far...

One notable thing: it seems that you don't actually have to recruit the Archivist.

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
Interesting. Im curious how they dont work but will find out shortly. My copy is shipping out in 4 days. Ended up doing ebay for the discount and free shipping here.
The exploration cards are designed to interact with the shardquake cards in the discovery deck so they won't do much unless you add said cards to your main discovery deck, which overall would probably make your game fairly unpleasant.

What is nice though is that it's effectively four stronghold missions so none of this one run with the new cards -> stronghold runs you usually get.