Expansions

Gunkaiser

Gang Hero
May 24, 2017
Corvallis, Oregon
I like the mini and the Shardquake mechanics look interesting, but am nowhere near mounting an expedition to the Seethe.

Of note: the Archivist is the only thing you will be adding to your campaign proper.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
I pulled the trigger on ascension. I've gone all in on this release so it was never a thought no to but if you are debating between the 2 and the big drones is more your thing I would think the same.
Im gwtting the feeling the bonus content in ascenion will open up way more game play repeatability.
Ive lost hope we will see hrud or space skaven!

Edit. My copy should be here on wednesday!

Last edited:
Reactions: Galtarr

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
A bit late to the party. But my copy of Ascension finally arrived, the morning after we finished the hidden vault. Had to cancel first order as it was stuck processing for a month. [ No damage whatsoever to card or plastic]

I now have Base game, Ambull, Escalation and Ascension. But probably going to leave it at that.

Still possible to pickup Deadly alliance thought rest now seem out of stock. A bit gutted I missed out on a copy of base game on eBay sold for ~£25 just because they'd snaffled the chaos marines.

I have a small number of additional drones, beastmen and Psykers. The latter bought for Necromunda conversions the drones just as they're cool.

Just leaves me wondering which expansions had extra tiles that I may have missed. If it was just Escalation and Ascension that had tiles I'll be happy. So far just wish I had extra guardsmen as you never have enough. But might fill the ranks with Necromunda scum and general cultists.

Which bits would you guys wish you could get extra for? If they were available say cheap on eBay or wherever. Hostiles? Cardstock? Adventurers?

Reactions: Stoof and Aulenback

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Definitely wishing I had grabbed No Respite now. Passed as we already had the models from first strike. Not only would we have gained Blackstone use it might have just meant enough Deathguard for a KT if only as a foil for my son's marines..

Unless I see any eBay bargains going to call My Blackstone collection complete I reckon.

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Not sure if I slipped up. Anyway I now have 2 copies of Ascension. This was not intentional. However we have played through the original box and are going to do escalation after lockdown 3.0, provided I paint them during said lockdown.

In the base game duplicate baddies are good. Would the same logic apply to guardian drones? Basically is there gameplay value in a second set?

Or should I wait for it to go OOP and then eBay given the somewhat ridiculous eBay rates some BSF stuff seems to be going for..

Also first time I find myself tempted by a Chinese recast. Whilst personally not interested normally, a friend has told me he was going to order some and noticed they had recasts of the BSF Zoat, and he could add one to his order. Didn't ask where he gets them from but since it's OOP and one expansion I missed it is tempting. Esp. as postage is already covered, I'd still need to look online for rules etc.. might still let it slide...

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
havent made it to ascension yet. Honestly havent heard a lot of reviews of gameplay just people going thru the rules on YT. They are cool models.

I realize this is of no help. I'd take the wait and see approach on the OOP. Plenty of copies still around. I'm surprised they havent announced the next setting yet.

Reactions: Aulenback