N18 Experience Gained

OrcJuice

Juve
Jul 19, 2021
Indiana, USA
So, a newbie here to Newcrowmunda. I played the original back in high school, but that was a long time ago. Anyway, I'm working on cheat sheets for my new campaign since I'm the Arbiter.

My question is: Is there a list of "basic xp gained" somewhere?

For example:
+1 XP for OoA an enemy
+1 XP for finishing a scenario
etc.

Scabs

Gang Champion
Feb 4, 2014
San Diego. CA, USA
The Necromunda: Underhive BRB (pg. 84) lists how XP is gained for the Dominion campaign. Scenarios usually say if and how XP is gained during and after the game. It's simple and straightforward in the new game. The new game does not emphasize XP or advancements to the degree the original did.

JAAC

Jan 22, 2012
Birmingham, UK
I think the only true universal is you get +1XP for taking an enemy OOA, +2 for a leader/champ.
(My group has a sensible House Rule that taking out a Brute, Bounty Hunter or House Agent also grants 2xp)

A lot of missions specify that each fighter who takes part in a battle gains 1XP (I would treat this as universal)

Some scenarios, not all, say you get 1XP for claiming a loot casket, escaping the battlefield or whatever else the special objective of the Scenario is. You could do this RAW, as an arbitrator I would award 1XP in all such situations.

Some scenarios, not all, say the Leader of a gang gets 1xp when his gang wins, whether or not the leader took part personally. I make that universal, it's up to you if you do or not.

Dkay1981

Ganger
Dec 15, 2019
Airdrie
You could also give xp to those rare fluke kills too as abut of fun.

For example if a juve throws a knife at at ogryn in cover and causes a wound and we falls off a ledge and dies you should get 1xp for the kill and another xp for lucky kill.

It feels thematic and might encourage some crazy plays from people which is what we wanna see from hive scummers lol