FINISH YOUR STUFF CHALLENGE 2021

Captain Brown

Ganger
Nov 4, 2019
Managed to finish three old metal Eldar Support Platforms in August as well.

So updated completed models for August 2021.

DfV2kFT.jpg

Cheers,

CB

Sumaki

Juve
Dec 3, 2012
*Just saving a spot cause im a dumbass and forgot to post a photo before leaving for work*

Ignore that. Look at this!

I've gotta stop falling asleep once I've put my grots to bed, really cutting into my modelling time.

Last edited:

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
Oh noooooooooo! how the mighty have fallen!

I have completely failed this month! With moving house and stuff in storage I found no time for any painting - looks like you other lads get a shot at catching up with my lead ;)

but don’t you think this is the end of me! I’ll be back with a vengeance for September…. I also managed to finally get a game of bolt action in so have a motivation to paint up some transports for my commando army! Watch this space kids!

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
Dammit, I would have qualified this month if I'd thought about it! Ah well, I'm three models in for September anyway, let's see if I can keep it up...

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Maybe you’ll earn some bonus Yak Points for finishing such an old YakComp?

unfortunately the cap’n says they’re worth 0 votes, but they’re nice.

Reactions: Ben_S
Went a bit crazy last night... clipped this guy off his molded base, popped him on a new one and painted. Took 5 hours using contrast... I think I blew my load a little early this month, gonna break for a few days. I give you my nightmare, the Doom 2016 Cyber Demon(Trencher for scale).

P.s. does this count as two models? ;)

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
A monstrous-sized creature qualifies, even without a name (though you can give him one anyway).

Jul 15, 2020
Hijack, for in progress notes and grumbles: I'm buried, lol. I have seven Necromunda tiles / ruins between about 1'x1' (30cm) to 2x2 in my living room between 80-90% done. There are way more in the garage and boxes of material I don't even want to think about. I have the bottlecap chem pool project. My Scrounge Lounge centerpiece is also in the 90% done range.

My goal this weekend is to make any needed connecting platforms from cardboard and texture bits, and get everything table ready. By Monday I would like to have almost everything done and in the garage for the sake of my girlfriend's sanity. I'm a very messy scratch builder in a small space.

Sorry if this is too much of a thread hijack. I'm overwhelmed right now even though it's the home stretch.

What I actually finished recently, or close enough was Doctor Bargain's ambulance (non - converted toy paintjob), the Witchhunter shrine, and Buttermilk Bob's underhive ice cream parlor.

Notice I haven't even mentioned models? Yeah... Really no hobby time for that backlog considering the scope of my hive city. Then I need to organize and repair. Oy. It's a blessing and a curse working on so many large pieces at once.

Besides my existing hordes there is a large box of primed Souldark / Tehnolog minis to go through.

The new on sprue models are all exciting. I got two start collecting boxes, chaos marines and Tzeentch marines. Totally unneccesary but I liked the new poses and Tzaangor bits. I have Delaques, Orlocks, Escher new plastics. Half done or less. Arco flaggelants. Mantic goblins. Maelstrom minis rabble and soldiers for civilians and scum. More ork bikes and a hotrod. On and on. A million touchups and highlights needed on old stuff.

A little bit gets done everyday so I should stay positive. Thanks for reading.

More pics soon!

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Look what we finished!

eea5b4c9-eabb-430f-9f80-1b8019bc52ba-jpeg.jpg

Reactions: Ben_S