FINISH YOUR STUFF CHALLENGE 2022

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
In the spirit of things, I have recommenced about 5 or 6 old projects, but this one is the most unusual:

First time painting a Wizkids mini this size. The pre-applied primer takes inks and contrasts pretty well, but the plastic is pretty wonky. Will probably have to cut this lizard off his hopelessly warped base and put him on a new one, no amount of bending made this thing stand flat.

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Could you just put the whole thing on a suitable base, leaving the rubble under them? A creature that size, probably not too noticeable if they're a little bit higher off the ground. It would save some cutting.

Reactions: trollmeat and Ben_S

Captain Brown

Gang Champion
Nov 4, 2019
Lets see, I will do an Eldar Warlock Jetseer and at least five metal Scavies.

DSM4vfW.jpg

mlunslT.jpg

Cheers,

CB

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
No commitment required, anything you finish is good. But if you feel like showing us some wips and what you've got brewing on the hobby table, please feel free! And the deadline is end of month, but the entry thread should open around the 20th.

Reactions: trollmeat

Pagumb

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
So are you going to run a new thread for pictures to go on or are they all to be posted here tomorrow or when is actual cut off date?
Welcome one and all, to this years FYSC!

...there will be a seperate entry and voting thread created each month on the 20th, or as close as schedule allows. The voting thread will be linked from this main thread, and we ask it be for entries only! Any banter, wip's, encouragement or praise should go here. At the end of the month the voting thread will be turned into a poll, where votes will be cast. The results will then be reported back here in the main thread when voting closes, no later than the 20th of the following month. You also still get a point for each month you post an entry, and for each month you cast a vote, capped at 5 points...

As this is a new format, please feel free to ask if there are any questions. I will probably make a seperate thread for feedback and suggestions at some point, depending on how things run. Until then...

Have fun and get stuff finished!
Official monthly entries will be in a separate, linked thread. We have until the end of the month to place entries there once it’s been created I believe.

BranBuccarcher

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Nov 14, 2018
Carmarthen
Oh, for some reason I'm sure if seen the close date as jan 20th, I will admit my brain does have a habit of supplying completely random twaddle so sorry for causing a panic!
When is the close date then?

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Official monthly entries will be in a separate, linked thread. We have until the end of the month to place entries there once it’s been created I believe.
The man is right. Entries can be posted in the new thread ( linked from here, don't worry you'll miss it) until end of the month. Then the vote runs while everyone start on their February entries!

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Oh, for some reason I'm sure if seen the close date as jan 20th, I will admit my brain does have a habit of supplying completely random twaddle so sorry for causing a panic!
When is the close date then?

20th is when it opens, giving you between then and the end of the month, when it closes, to post (in case you can't at the end).