Dum dum stub - 5

Subjugator Patrolman – 80
Vigilance Pattern Assault Shield – 40
Dum dum stub - 5

Palanite Patrolman – 70
Concussion Carbine – 30

Palanite Patrolman – 70
Concussion Carbine – 30

Its hard to go subjugator heavy without dropping down from a 7 man crew. This is my take, any thoughs, ideas? What should be my first purchases

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
What's your plan with the shield boys? Are you going grenade launchers in the long run? If so I'd consider ditching the dum dums and changing a shield to a grenade launcher with the plan to pick up a shield later...

Overall I'd consider trying to find a way to get some ranged weapons in there, you have a lot of short range poke but most gangs will make your life a misery whilst you try to get in close..

Cyk0

Feb 17, 2011
Partially the shields were for looks but also walk in front and absorb some shots or charges, Eventually they probably will turn to GL's especially if I get good levels level ups on them.

The GLs would not be first on the purchase list though, first up would be krak for the leader. After that I was thinking about trying to get some more patrolmen in to fill up the gun line and the exp gain rolling.

I don't know if I feel its that much short range poke though? (other than the pistol and shield dudes) 5 template towers 4 of the auto-pinning which should hopefully reduce incoming fire, The two biggest guns are range 30 backed up by the range 24 GL and the carbines are still range 18. And due to templates the shooting should still hit stuff at range despite the 4+ BS

Since this is my first one I don't know fully what to expect though, Maybe these boys would be picked apart by opposing gang shooting in short order

On a separate note: One thing I have been contemplating but that I could not fit in that I would love to hear you (or someone else) is the SLGH with rapid response for the leader with the intention of quickly giving him a shield to replace the pistol (I have a cool conversion for that in mind) Would it work at all? It feels like it should be a survivable and angry counter charge boss that can trow out some gas and then really smack face with the meat tenderiser if anyone tries to hug the front line.

Jumbley

Black And White Son Of A Gun
Sep 5, 2019
List looks very scary. I can't speak to Rapid Response, but SLHG with Hip Shooting is great fun. IMO it's a good choice of weapon for your leader because of the bonus WS he has over your champions.

As far as I've been able to reckon, 7 or 8 bodies seems to be the sweet spot for an Enforcer starting gang. It's tough to get more than 8 without majorly sacrificing on weaponry, but 6 is still too few bodies, so I think you're right on the money here.

The only thing I'd change would be to swap out the shields for Grenade Launchers - they'll be more versatile earlier on in the campaign than a shield, which you can (and probably should) get for them later anyway. In practice, for most situations the Shield just gives your already good Subjugator armour save a slight boost, whereas the Grenade Launcher is an exceptionally efficient weapon, that can also mitigate damage entirely by forcing the enemy to be pinned - or, dead... That said, against melee-heavy gangs like the corpse grinders, having the extra +2 save and knockback in melee can be a lifesaver: so if that's your situation then the shields might be the way to go after all.

Cyk0

Feb 17, 2011
Okay grenade launchers seems to be the consensus. Though getting two of them would be hard without doing pistol patrolmen instead.

I also know 2 potential gangs in the small group (based on the models, and that's corpse grinders from the same box as the enforcers an preexisting goliaths)
So melee is gonna be a thing therefore my interest in SLGH and rapid response (and to a certain degree shield tanks)

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Grenade launchers are great regardless, there is utility in pinning and knock back and a good opponent will rarely give you a chance to lob krak grenades without significant to hit penalties.

Blast templates are fine in the hands of 4+ bs gangers as templates are innately forgiving if you miss