N18 First delaque gang list

nasnas88

Feb 1, 2022
Hey gangers,

Trying to make a list for my first Necromunda gang before I start putting the models together.
I got the delaque gang box, and the expansion box.

Does this seem like an okay start?

MysticWolf

Ganger
Nov 15, 2020
There are a few other recent posts on here about Delaque gangs that will help. Saw you posted this list on reddit as well, so same on reddit, just take a look at some of the delaque gang posts over the last few days. A few others and myself have been posting long conversations over the last few days that will definitely give some tips.

Generally, your gang lacks teeth. In one of those posts I mentioned above, I go into a long shpeel about have double autopistols is actually worse than a single stub gun on a 5+ BS juve model. I would try to get maybe a plasma gun.
On nacht gul Serpents fangs are superior to the sword, on the charge the fangs will put out 6 attacks that are all easier to hit with to the swords 3 due to the paired trait.

Slim down on meshing EVERYONE and put money into better weapons. An 8 man 1000 cred delaque gang can be loaded with at least a plasma gun, serpents fangs, long gun, webgun, and webpistol.

Anyway, do whats fun! And lots of other stuff on delaque. Think about wyrd powers.

Peace and love.

nasnas88

Feb 1, 2022
There are a few other recent posts on here about Delaque gangs that will help. Saw you posted this list on reddit as well, so same on reddit, just take a look at some of the delaque gang posts over the last few days. A few others and myself have been posting long conversations over the last few days that will definitely give some tips.

Generally, your gang lacks teeth. In one of those posts I mentioned above, I go into a long shpeel about have double autopistols is actually worse than a single stub gun on a 5+ BS juve model. I would try to get maybe a plasma gun.
On nacht gul Serpents fangs are superior to the sword, on the charge the fangs will put out 6 attacks that are all easier to hit with to the swords 3 due to the paired trait.

Slim down on meshing EVERYONE and put money into better weapons. An 8 man 1000 cred delaque gang can be loaded with at least a plasma gun, serpents fangs, long gun, webgun, and webpistol.

Anyway, do whats fun! And lots of other stuff on delaque. Think about wyrd powers.

Peace and love.
Thanks,

I will take a look though some of the other posts, and try and slim down some of the stuff, just nice an easy to remember when everyone have mesh :p ..

The main problem with plasma gun, web gun and some of the other better weapons is that I have non of them.
The weapon selection on the sprues are kinda poor - Might be able to make a web pistol from the web gauntlet..

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
As suggested above, id get rid of the mesh armour from your gangers, and probably the smoke grenade from your juve. With all your champions and leader infiltrating that smoke grenade is going to protect your lasgun backline, who your enemy will absolutely not be firing at, you also don't want that juve stopping to throw a grenade, he wants to be hotfooting it down the battlefield to catch up with your infiltrators and supporting him with his web pistol.

On modelling - the Delaque sprue does have web pistols from my memory

nasnas88

Feb 1, 2022
As suggested above, id get rid of the mesh armour from your gangers, and probably the smoke grenade from your juve. With all your champions and leader infiltrating that smoke grenade is going to protect your lasgun backline, who your enemy will absolutely not be firing at, you also don't want that juve stopping to throw a grenade, he wants to be hotfooting it down the battlefield to catch up with your infiltrators and supporting him with his web pistol.

On modelling - the Delaque sprue does have web pistols from my memory
Great, I will loose the mesh & smoke from gangers and juves.

How many champions is recommended, starting out? .. And are any of the grenades even worth it, or throwing knives/stilettos ?
And what about the grav pistol?

Just trying to use what is in the box.

It is a grav pistol and flame pistol that is in the box, sadly no webs, besides the gauntlet

nasnas88

Feb 1, 2022
Here is another list that seems fun, using just what is in the boxes.
Still have 30 points left, so could make one a psyker.

MysticWolf

Ganger
Nov 15, 2020
Web pistols don't come in the delaque box, however there is a holstered pistol which can really be anything.

The Delaque weapons and upgrade set is extremely worth it for this gang. Comes with every weapon you would ever need. 2 web pistols, 2 web guns, 2 plasmas and 4 las (because IMO, best gun for your gangera due to hot shot packs).

Reactions: JayTee

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
In answer to your questions:

1. As many champions as you can without harming your combat effectiveness, more champions means more post combat actions, but the more you have the less money you have for equipment. Its a balancing act.

2. I personally wouldn't waste a weapon slot on throwing knives, stiletto knives are good cheap melee backup melee weapons for gangers/juves but not a starting purchase.

3. Grenades are useful, but situational in my experience, any time you use a grenade you're not shooting someone, so whatever you're looking to achieve with the grenade has to be more useful than shooting an enemy model, or charging.

Smokes and Photon Flash grenades have their place, as do incendiary grenades in some gangs (corpse grinders, ogryns) but again very rarely a startup choice for me

Reactions: nasnas88 and Nasnas