First game since more than 10 years and need feedback for the mob

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
Hello Gorkamorka -Players!

tomorrow (thursday) i have my first tabletop-game since more than 10 years... and its fate, because its the really first tabletop-game i played in 1997: Gorkamorka.

So i am super nervous and want to show you the mob i want to play... absolutely no idea if that will work. I have to learn the rules again so the idea was to put as many orks on the table as possible, so if some of them die (because of a lot strategical mistakes) it will not so bad... ?

Boss (12)
Uge Choppa (2)
Shoota (2)

Spanner (6)
just knife (driver)

Spanner (6)
just knife (driver)

Boy (5)
Choppa (1)
Shoota (2)

Boy (5)
Kannon (3)

Boy (5)
Bow (1)

Yoof (3)
Slugga (2)

Yoof (3)
Shoota (2)

Yoof (3)
SixShoota (2)

1 x Truck/Buggy (20)

1x Trakk (15)

oh and i know that theres a boy with a bow and a yoof with a shoota... the idea was that the boy is a "smaller" target with his little bow and they shoot on the yoof with shoota first....

what do you say?

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
GorkaMorka is both very forgiving and hard to be particularly decisive with as for as "optimization." Really, just get stuck in, have fun, and adjust to your own preferences as things develop. Necromunda has a bit more of a "sharp edge" in that regard.

More important than starting load-out, for a regular Necromunda player, is to remember that only grots and diggaz suffer from pinning. Don't think you'll pin ork opponents through shooting at them. Don't let that stop you from shooting at them, mind, just don't expect that it will slow them down until it actually hurts them.

Have fun!

Reactions: Kommissar Shriken

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
many thanks fo your help!

the last time i played gorkamorka was about 1999, and the last time i played a tabletop was about 10 years ago... so we often had to look for the rules ... but the game made so much fun!!!

we played in a seperate room from a pub.

i started with my "bigger diggas" (normal orc rules) on the left lower side... my two opponets started on the two upper sides...

I CAN SMELL THE TASTE OF FRESH SCRAP!
DSC-0863.png

look at that big trukk!
DSC-0865.png

THOSE GROTS ARE STEALIN MY SCRAP!

the "yellow" player activated his booster's and was going to take all scrapmarkers.
but in the rush of speed the yellow trak-bike crashed my trak and my trakk exploded in a big fireball. the crew was catapulted 1xD6 and one boy died immediately.
the spanner and the joof landet in the sand unscathed.
DSC-0867.png

while the yoof from the exploded trak was employed with rubbing the sand from his eyes, the pickup of the yellow team run over him and he flew 3 inch through the air.

than i started shooting with all guns to get revenge for my destroyed trak ... but probably next time its not the best idea to put the guy with the "kannon" on the backside of the pick-up.. because he failed his test and felt from the car :LOL:

the other guys could not really damage the pickup of the "YELLOWZ" but the made a fleshwound to the boss. DAMN GITZ STOP SHOOTIN ON THE CACTUS !

DSC-0869.png

for the next rounds i forgot to make pictures because we had so much fun...
we had to stop after 5 rounds, because it was about 12 pm.

the result to this (late)time: the YELLOW mob killed the boss from the big-car-guys, while he was 3 rounds busy with fighting my spanner-boy (he just had a knife), the boss could not hit him... than 3 yellow orcs joined the fight and his boss was going down in a quick round.

conclusion: i had a scrap-mark, also the yellow mob. my trak was on fire and my spanner with his knife surrounded from yellow orcs, he would probably die in the next round... holding his knife in his hands...

my fallen kannon-guy had to run behind his pick-up while the boss activated his pick-up-boosters to rescue his spanner...

giphy.gif