N18 First N18 campaign list - Slave Ogryn

kemponoid

Sep 5, 2021
Hey! After playing N18 for the first time with friend decided i want to build a gang for a possible future campaign. Used to play pit fighters ~15 years ago. From the available gangs ogryns looked the most cool in my eye and theres some pit fighter flavor.

So here is the list.

I have only played 1 game so might have some rules wrong.(Las cutter + 2x Axe legal?) I was also thinking about dropping a lobo and moving 2 axes to add hazard+2x Axe to Lobos.
Credits plan; undersuits(&stimms?) for underbosses->Lobo gear/add Lobo->Ambot & Underboss with heavy rock saw->???->Ogryn with Storm-welder+spudjack.

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
Depending on who you're likely to play id leave the Lobos be and buy them gear later, bodies are important for Ogryns so starting with 4 lobos is strong.

Las-cutter and 2 axes is, to my mind, perfectly legit.. gives you that second melee weapon when the las cutter inevitably fails its ammo check.

Though I would perhaps consider dropping the spare axes, and the incendiary grenades to double up on arc emitters for your champion, augmetics can only be picked up when you hire a model, everything else can be bought later so if you want him to have an extra attack without having to split dice with a lesser weapon, you need to pay for it up front

Last edited:

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
There is a lot of over-equipping going on there.

Get rid of the grenades. Ogryns don't have good enough BS to make them worthwhile.

And all those axes. I don't understand. +1 strength and disarm is not that fantastic.

kemponoid

Sep 5, 2021
2 arc welders feel overkill, i understand 2x arc would be nice later on but i think 1 will prob get the kill most of the time.

Hmm i though the charges would be a must, but i prob overvalue blaze after 1 game against cawdor. The axes are mostly backup for if las cutter goes out of ammo but i guess in the start you could go unarmed.

I could drop the incendiary charge and 3 axes to get 1 more Lobo-Slave.

And after the extra info on the future outlaws gang im now contemplating them also. Prob should make both. : D

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
An extra Lobo is a good call, 7 ogryns on the table, even largely unarmed is a concern for anyone fighting you

I wouldn't sweat not being able to hit with incendiary charges, its a 5" pie plate, you just have to land it close enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearsWillEatYou