zIVdDUC.jpg

TOSehXb.jpg

1r1o9vz.jpg

MEHbY76.jpg

maLvQbX.jpg

0N4yTqj.jpg

S7V0Maf.jpg

9A1rcEN.jpg

Slightly annoyingly there's no transfer for "Kart" (as seen in the illustration) so I made do. It turns out that water transfers that old will work but require a fair bit of coaxing. On the plus side they were a bit damaged before I started so they look weathered!

I'll be honest, I didn't like how dark the colour scheme ended up. Looking at it now though it's growing on me.

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
It's been a long time since I was able to do much in the way of hobby stuff but I'm finally carving out a bit of time, here and there, to build. The current project is the mekshop for Da Town!

It's the same frame we had ten years ago (dear gods), but now it has doors, details, and other goodies!
lZ4gTuo.jpg

We build gubbinz and big gunz!

9CPUDnN.jpg

The doors work, including the latching pin. Also we buy vehicles (I have plans...).

8FXjyZv.jpg

A nice big cable spindle, an intake vent, an AC unit, a chimney.

uGTE16c.jpg

Here we can see the roof, something I've spent a lot of time angsting over. It uses one of @Kiblams big shootas along with some other oddments I've cast over the years. Then there's the sun lounger/lawnchair. A bit of styrene rodding and a candle made the frame, some 0.1mm styrene strips the rest.

The telescope contains, I think, a golf tee from a cracker, the business components of a tin opener that died last year (I'd had it since 2006! Bought when I started uni!), a cap for a cable modem wire, and a bit of a mini vacuum attachment cut down.

QWOQPGy.jpg

Many of the roof details serve to stabilise models that stand on the curved roof. The fan is from Zinge Industries.

IMlJtjs.jpg

The inside of the workshop contains a variety of details. A tool cabinet I designed, a hydraulic press, and of course benches. Why benches? Well canonically apprentice meks, spanners, sleep under their master's benches. I made sure to check the clearance for that!

Attachments

• lZ4gTuo.jpg
    lZ4gTuo.jpg
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 9CPUDnN.jpg
    9CPUDnN.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 8FXjyZv.jpg
    8FXjyZv.jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
This is amazing but I feel like the lawn chair is TOO perfect.. maybe put a square patch on the straps somewhere? Or it could be a "prize pozeshun", immaculately cared for and protected.

Reactions: Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Almost done. I need to tidy up a few details that got splattered or excessively inked and add some blue to the glyphs:
0SyFsR7.jpg
nXLdGa0.jpg

h9vS07H.jpg

E40puzI.jpg

The base itself was a bit of a saga. I had to get my local DIY/builders merchant to mix up some paints for me and the first attempt was a failure:
n3DT6sx.jpg

As a result the base is a bit less detailed than it otherwise might be. Still, we got there in the end!

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
I decided my Brewhouse was lacking on the painting front. Now that I've got consistent paints mixed up (thanks to a local DIY place) it's pretty easy, even if the paint is horrible to airbrush on (for the rising dust around the base of the walls):
iZVQXY8.jpg

Hsc4qRW.jpg

I might need to brighten the neon tubing even more but I'll wait for daylight to make that call, I reckon!

Edster

Ganger
Dec 26, 2018
Nottingham, UK
@Flamekebab I used to LOVE gorkamorka so much - it was the game me and my friends played when we were in our teens over 40k/necromunda. The character and fun and crazy rules, things blowing up, orks leaping off speeding trucks it was so fun.

Can't wait to see where Mek town goes next - loving the details too. If I may suggest a couple of ideas for details that may be helpful:
Critterz - squigs/snotlings/rats/spiderz/desert beasts/scorpions/sand crabs etc.
Orky Foliage - mushrooms/fungus and toadstools/cactus (the polystyrene ones with cocktails sticks sticking out of them)

Seeing your blog reminds me of those good times - especially the spear truck - I remember the artwork! well done for the homage dude. If I can fish out my old box set when I next see my mum, I'll have to get some models out!

Welldone man, keep it up!

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
@Flamekebab I used to LOVE gorkamorka so much - it was the game me and my friends played when we were in our teens over 40k/necromunda. The character and fun and crazy rules, things blowing up, orks leaping off speeding trucks it was so fun.

Can't wait to see where Mek town goes next - loving the details too. If I may suggest a couple of ideas for details that may be helpful:
Critterz - squigs/snotlings/rats/spiderz/desert beasts/scorpions/sand crabs etc.
Orky Foliage - mushrooms/fungus and toadstools/cactus (the polystyrene ones with cocktails sticks sticking out of them)

Seeing your blog reminds me of those good times - especially the spear truck - I remember the artwork! well done for the homage dude. If I can fish out my old box set when I next see my mum, I'll have to get some models out!

Welldone man, keep it up!
Thanks! I'm doing my best to keep up the pace wherever possible.

I finished another one a week or so ago:
byap13O.jpg

5JdY2J0.jpg

DpJ7WcB.jpg

lwBk22r.jpg

8NdqdGn.jpg

What I'm building is a town out in the desert, rather than Mektown itself. The buildings would work for Mektown, obviously, but there's a whole story with this town!

I really need to start sculpting Abak Manyfingaz so that he's done by the time I do the counting house. Currently I'm working on the slaver barracks. It's going to have a billboard on its upper floor:
FifTCiS.jpg

Suggestions for what's going to be advertised?

I'm planning to add some posters inside the Mekshop so perhaps they're something to draw on:
eL1Y9MH.png

eXnBmNC.png

6ZdZhfc.png

6Ld0bQJ.png

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Rotherham, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Almost ready for paint!
Fqhupi8.jpg

Sneaky easter egg:
aPxde0k.jpg

I had some damaged metal Ork boyz that young me snipped the legs off. I don't quite recall why but it may have involved bionikz. Now feels the perfect time to dust them off and put them on the board. They were never going to be used in my army as I don't like the style they're done in (Gorkamorka being a weird transitional time with three conflicting styles of Orks in the same range!). Thankfully these strange looking lads are now under lock and key!