Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
You know that fuel tank and gate here?

Well they're done!
uOnhoLV.jpg

bytukDY.jpg

Each piece now has a ladder - I want it to be easy to get up onto the battlements!
I particularly like how the stack of tyres turned out with a drybrush of the pink colour I use for the top layer of sand.

This was also an excuse to use up various things I've been saving. The helicopter blade was from a broken toy I picked up at an Edinburgh Freecycle event (2010?), although I think it might actually have been a friend who attended and gave me stuff from it as I don't remember the event. Odd. Anyway, again, I've been saving it for gods know what. Less of that, let's get it used!

The fuel tank was finished back then too but it always had a foamboard base and was never that good. Its old fence was also a nuisance as it made painting the damn thing a pain. Instead I've opted for various spikes and a plastic barricade from the Gorkamorka box. Again, saving it for something - I'm sure you see a pattern emerging.

In a similar vein I decided to use my damn glyph plates! There's also a chunk of external hard disk case here. It used to be a terrain piece that I rather liked but the base was rubbish and it fell apart after numerous moves. Of course I didn't bin it - don't be silly. You never know when - OH GODS IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN.
GG0lIcy.jpg

Bonus - spot the lateral flow test casing!
8BoFsjZ.jpg

The garage pictured in previous posts is built and its paint is almost done too. Still to do on it - pink airbrushing, grime streaks, and the base. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.
Then onto the clubhouse. That'll need some parts 3D printed and painting it is going to be an utter nightmare. Still - let's get it done!

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Oops, forgot to update the thread with this building:
xwtVZRo.jpg

5XsnLcz.jpg

jgX0sIe.jpg

SsvMWK3.jpg

2BdF8Xb.jpg

Lastly the clubhouse:
0OLSAa7.jpg

xxPGKye.jpg

LhGeuTV.jpg

Dqyz9NK.jpg

I got it primed today so it should be done very soon!
sFXFCH1.jpg

After that I'd like to finish up some old sand dunes with the basing mixtures I've created and then something unprecedented will have happened:
I'll have finished all my outstanding terrain projects.

That's only happened to me when I left the hobby! Even then I only lost my backlog because I gave up on those old pieces!

That isn't to say I don't have further terrain plans. I totally do. But I won't have an active backlog. I didn't think that was a thing that could happen...

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
It's done!
e5M0eNa.jpg

drNH9C5.jpg

For this piece I've gone for a fair bit of environmental storytelling.
LCL5RfD.jpg

There's a dartboard:
vfd132R.jpg

But in the background there's a crate of grot-sized shootas. Who do you think is supplying the Gretchin Revolutionary Committee? There's a reason these lads are outlaws - they're not about to have some snobby Mektown gits tell them what to do.

LvUgKyI.jpg

It's a little difficult to make out but that's a pile of shootas - ones I designed to resemble M16s (canonically in the show the Sons of Anarchy MC was founded by Vietnam veterans), a Tommy gun (also used in Vietnam), and an M2 machine gun (as seen in an episode of Sons of Anarchy where a character uses one on the club's bikes).

8DbANoL.jpg

Sluggas ready to hand in case of an attack on the compound.

ltDIRxi.jpg

A big glyph on the wall - Bad 'Un (Renegade/Outcast) and the door to their "chapel" (where cunning plans get discussed and such).
Oh and the bar stuff! I originally created it for a commission and had a load of odds and ends left over. I've been working on this piece since, what, 2011? So the terrain piece actually came first! There's also a plate of meat on the bar and a shotgun on the shelf. Vintage waterslide transfers from the late '90s for the bottles!

As you've seen in the previous update I built this as two parts and then assembled it after painting. The bombs were mostly for keying one to the other but they do rather tie into the arms dealer thing (whilst also being a reference to Sideshow Bob - Dammit, Bob. There were plenty of brand new bombs, but you had to go for that retro 50's charm!). You can get a set here, if you like 'em.

5dE74Re.jpg

The pallet is from Grumpy Old Tin - it was thrown in with something I ordered from somewhere else. Damned if I can remember what though!
Also visible is the roof access - both ends have them.

hwXS3J7.jpg

I had a few prints leftover from creating these so I thought they could go here - maybe they're used for potshots from the roof, maybe defence. The bar's shotgun is also from that set. Thematic, innit?

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Whilst I like playing as Rebel Grots I don't think I'd ever use their official model for a Big Lugga (where's the transport capacity?!). However I've wanted one since I saw one in a local toyshop and couldn't afford the £14 it cost (roughly £22 today). Ten years ago or so I picked up a job lot of minis and in there I found most of the parts for one. It took the next decade to source replacement bitz but I got there in the end!
WmtwlQf.jpg

nBsbc0A.jpg

R03fWqI.jpg

ZzVcsqn.jpg

hDQ7bLH.jpg

Also the grots crewing it are such wonderful Brian Nelson sculpts 👌
jdgj7o9.jpg

7ZiUhZs.jpg

o77uuBR.jpg

ItXsRGQ.jpg

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
Long ago I started planning a Dust Rat equivalent to a fort. I've not planned out the specifics but I know that shipping crates are going to be involved.
x28qM2a.jpg

Today I've started building them.
jc6mjhv.jpg

As you can see in the sketch I'm planning to have a cliff as the back of it. I'm a little torn though as in principle it'd make more tactical sense to have a cliff as a natural defensive wall rather than a backdrop. On the other hand perhaps having the natural shade would be worth the tactical trade-off given the heat and the twin suns of Angelis.

Flamekebab

Gang Hero
Gorkamorka Warboss
Feb 17, 2011
Carmarthen, UK
fox-box.co.uk
I've had some other projects on so let's cover those first:
rZfb7D1.jpg

Version 1.0 is out and it's on the vault. The Kommittee really gave this one their all and hopefully you'll like the results as much as I do.

Something I've been planning for over ten years has finally come together:
4xxo8bD.jpg

i5TCDhU.jpg

igAhL0j.jpg

sfwqS4z.jpg

Now, back to what I was working on last time, the Dust Rat fort equivalent.
Someone suggested that maybe there'd been an original layer of containers and the sand had started to swallow them. Sounds fun! I cut some in half and this is the layout I'm planning
hw7Cxrt.jpg

The outer container is a bit of environmental storytelling - a severe storm blew it off the stack. The Dust Rats stationed there emptied it out (for weight) and dragged it into a vaguely useful position but couldn't flip it. A later delivery with the machinery to move this stuff used it to park another container. I'm also planning to make something to suggest a tunnel down into the base of the cliff. Who'd want to be on the surface in the heat if they could avoid it?