FleetMeet 2018 Discussion

Llewy

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 23, 2015
Limehouse, London
Just scratching down my availability, I'm going to Nairobi for a completely weird reason from about the 14th til the 21st July, but other than that my schedules open.

Just my 5 creds but I'd favour something small, 8-12 people, maybe rent a holiday house together or something. And collectively work up a really narrative based campaign, small missions and big missions but not very competitive, where the models and boards look dope and there's lots of humour and fun.

What are other people feeling/what do you guys want out of a weekend?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
what do you guys want out of a weekend
For me... basically everything you just said.

I'm reasonably open for that time, but looks like 7th/8th or 28th/29th July would be good so so far. Anyone have any preference on one of the other? (I'm meant to be booking a holiday shortly so knowing which to avoid now should make it easier to knock that on the head at the start).

I like the idea of finding a big enough holiday cottage (I guess sleep 10 isnt too hard to find?) and then make sure they have a decent size dining/kitchen table :p

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Just my 5 creds but I'd favour something small, 8-12 people, maybe rent a holiday house together or something. And collectively work up a really narrative based campaign, small missions and big missions but not very competitive, where the models and boards look dope and there's lots of humour and fun.

What are other people feeling/what do you guys want out of a weekend?
Pretty much all of this.

Reactions: DarkNwss and Llewy

Llewy

Gang Champion
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 23, 2015
Limehouse, London
You can’t type that and not tell us?
Lol @radulykan, here's the scoop:

There's a strange group called the Organisation for Promoting Geoversal Civilization based on the ideas of a Chinese philosopher. They set up a conference every five years to talk about the state of things. This one is The Fifth World Congress of Geoversal Civilisation and it's in Nairobi.

They are bringing delegates from all over the world to talk for ten minutes each about their backgrounds in relation to a central treatise which seems good natured at my first scan of it. Simply because I was the first Welsh person they could find who was willing to go, I am going to be the Welsh delegate (I'd never heard of them before!) .:confused:. It's all expenses paid.

The whole thing seems like the beginning of a William Gibson book .. my girlfriend is worried it's even more nefarious than that. Nevertheless my curiosity was piqued so I said yes when they asked! o_O:LOL:

And hopefully I'll be back for Fleet Meet on the last weekend of July!

Last edited:

CaptainDangerous

Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I’m deeply sad to say that I’m out.
Iv done some reckoning and, after factoring in BOYL at the beginning of August and TribeMeet Scotland in September, that my brownie points just won’t stretch that far. :(
I will endeavour to make my fleet tho, and will be joining the crusade at a later date!

I am now a proud owner of a single spaceship! OH YES .....The Crumpet.... she lives!!
(She is under refurbishment but I’ll be sure to post pics as soon as I get my yak account sorted!)

Llewy’s plan is just soo cool!!
I really look forward to seeing this happen!
Live long and prosper! Y:)