N18 Forget top tier, what is the worst gang list you can think of?

CuddlySupreme

Oct 2, 2019
This is kind of a weird post, but my little cousin and his friends want to learn Necromunda. I'll be overseeing them for a week so we will probably do a mini-campaign of 4-5 games or so.

They play Kill Team and are competent enough with skirmish rules, but their list building skills are basically just throwing darts at the wall. I want to make sure I have a list they can beat, and if they seem to handle it well I will move to a basic out of the box orlock gang or something similair

So what would you do to build an absolute garbage-tier list? Mind you I wont be throwing when I play, but I want to not be able to win against a bunch of 9 year olds. My only ask is I have to spend 1000 starting creds (or close too) at gang creation.

• Haha
Reactions: DamianK and Psyan
Van saar is out of the picture, thats the gang I know one of them is playing (other is corpse grinders) and I like everyone playing different teams.

Enforcers in general aren't fantastic stat wise and without bolters or template weapons they perform not so great.

Wildrunners spam sounds hilariously bad, relatively expensive units that crumple like paper could be fun (also give me an excuse to kit bash some fantasy wood elves I have lying around) As well as wasting creds on making chems.

another idea I had is shooting cawdor without templates. That might be fun to play against as every unit will be easy to handle(and who doesnt like cleaning up mobs?)

Van saar is out of the picture, thats the gang I know one of them is playing (other is corpse grinders) and I like everyone playing different teams.

Enforcers in general aren't fantastic stat wise and without bolters or template weapons they perform not so great.

Wildrunners spam sounds hilariously bad, relatively expensive units that crumple like paper could be fun (also give me an excuse to kit bash some fantasy wood elves I have lying around) As well as wasting creds on making chems.

another idea I had is shooting cawdor without templates. That might be fun to play against as every unit will be easy to handle(and who doesnt like cleaning up mobs?)*
*edit: I got confused for a second with wyld riders. They aren't to pricy on their own but the bows can get them up there.

Example Wyld Runner spam list

You could drop the Chem Thrower on the matriarch, and give her a shotgun instead to double the number of cats in the gang, but a template weapon that can't pin against corpse grinders is also terrible....

Example Wyld Runner spam list

You could drop the Chem Thrower on the matriarch, and give her a shotgun instead to double the number of cats in the gang, but a template weapon that can't pin against corpse grinders is also terrible....
OH MAN 130 cred juve equivalents, now this is what I am talking about. Good catch with the chem thrower. They probably wont know about nerves of steel off the bat (and will probably ignore me if I tell them its good lol)

Auto-pistol spam Delaque, leader and champions all take escape artist.

No guns Goliath, with the worst genesmithing you can come up with. Leaders and champions take headbutt and hurl.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. M
Hells bells. If those are the two gangs they’ve chosen to play you won’t need to go garbage, a moderate stab in the dark on either will be more than sufficient to knock back most other gangs.

But if you really want to go bad, Cawdor, mostly made of Juves armed with mauls.

Seriously though, just take a stock gang of any type and ignore any House of additions including powers, new upgrades or fighter types. They’ll be fine.

Not sure either if you have to deliberately write a garbage list and let them win.

But Wyld Runner animal gang sounds at least fun to make models for.

Alternately, take any gang you want and kit them out completely with all the fanciest gear. You'll end up with 5-6 dangerous fighters, but still lose every match due to being horribly outnumbered.

Reactions: Bracer
So I've been thinking about this way too much, but how about an awful meme build?

Lots of terrible decisions, but could actually be an opportunity for some fun moments for you whilst you lose in style. Suicide guns, and two of the worst weapons in the game...

• Haha
Reactions: Psyan and Galtarr
Ok if i was to pick the worst weapons in the game (that are for some reason still used) It would be the autogun and the stub cannon for starters.

But your job isnt to play-to-lose, thats almost as bad as play-to-win. You are instead there to teach. So for that reason i advocate using a mix of different weapon types to essentially train them not only in evasion but also to use the weapons themselves. So id throw in a boltgun or two. Maybe even a full heavy bolter (bc the conversions available would make it fun to build), the H-Bolter isnt even all that good, especially when it can be effectively countered by a "click" or even fire once and run out of ammo. Forget about using the more advanced upgrades like munitioneer on the H-Bolter, do not put custom ammo on the autogun etc. Just start with everything thats available in the GOTU rulebook, w/o expansions. I like shotguns a great deal, not the combat shotguns, the regular ones. If an opponent can effectively counter those, they are well on their way to understanding the game imo. Just take a variety of weapons with no attempt at synergy so they can see the most in action on TT. Even GLs which everyone says are superweapons, are fairly tame when all you do is throw a S3 template at 1 guy per activation. But it will make them think and try to watch out for bunching up and spacing.

So id throw in a boltgun or two. Maybe even a full heavy bolter

I like shotguns a great deal, not the combat shotguns, the regular ones.

Even GLs which everyone says are superweapons, are fairly tame when all you do is throw a S3 template at 1 guy per activation. But it will make them think and try to watch out for bunching up and spacing.

So... build a Goliath Gang. Because that have all that out of the gate and mostly on Gangers too.

I wouldn't make 9 yo newbies face T4 straight away. Its one of the hardest risks to mitigate in the game.
I’d have to check but I believe you can Genesmith that down, so it shouldn’t be that bad.

Anyway, they’ve taken the best two starting gangs in the game. Both are notoriously overpowered, or just able to shoot someone off the table so it probably balances out.

Psyker heavy Delaque, no nachtghuls or web weapons. Squishy, not much offensive punch, but lots of flavour to make it seem interesting without really having any in game impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bracer