Freikstorn strix (playing frankenstein)

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I went with the Puppestwar mechanical wings for mind and the fit is REALLY good. Your work on the body is astonishing, congratulations.

Reactions: Crowgod

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
I've ordered my parts but I'll have to check the puppets war ones now! Cheers btw 😁

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Test flight, planning final pose.
Wings aren't finished but taking shape.
They are still not quite right but I think I'm getting somewhere. I have to credit Andri Zubri for the initial idea, I used his wing design for the bulk of mine. I've ran with it a little and I may add some 'tech'. I'm considering cutting the 'elbow' to extend the robotic part that connects to back.
http://instagr.am/p/B2C4uuUHfxH/

Reactions: Gdolkin and cainex1

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Good pick on the wings. The spiny tip is great and the blade at the end is good but I think it looks a little thick for the bone structure it's connected to. And the only other thing I can think of would be to greenstuff or glue on some wires/tubes to the wings for that final bit of technological complication.

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Good pick on the wings. The spiny tip is great and the blade at the end is good but I think it looks a little thick for the bone structure it's connected to. And the only other thing I can think of would be to greenstuff or glue on some wires/tubes to the wings for that final bit of technological complication.
Thank you, I completely agree...still working on getting them just right 😊

Gdolkin

Gang Hero
Jun 25, 2017
Nottingham
Been keeping an eye on this, and it's shaping up to be one of the best kitbash-conversions I've seen, the parts choice, dynamic posing and that sweet genius little firing-harpoon cable mounting trick you've pulled there are all top-end hobby wizardry, and I salute you (y)

Crowgod

Ganger
Jul 22, 2017
Been keeping an eye on this, and it's shaping up to be one of the best kitbash-conversions I've seen, the parts choice, dynamic posing and that sweet genius little firing-harpoon cable mounting trick you've pulled there are all top-end hobby wizardry, and I salute you (y)
Honestly don't know what to say except thank you. Really encouraging 😁

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
There are things I would do different (duh, I'm making a completely different one) but your version is really good and I wonder if FW will even have something as nice.

Reactions: Crowgod