Necromunda From Hoard To Hive (WIP Terrain)

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
😄 don’t encourage him @Punktaku!

(....tho I have to admit, it does feel like we are agents from the Matrix sometimes! *the Captain starts badly imitating Kung fu*)

p.s. anyway, when have you EVER Incured any wrath!? If anything, you get spoiled!! 😋😁

Last edited:

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
So there was something cathartic about punching out the pieces from the Warsenal kit... now I have a huge pile of pieces, and there’s no directions. The paper insert (nice card stock!) is basically the name of the set, and ads for more sets on the back... guess it’s time to start playing with bits

edit: found the directions. Now, it's 3mm MDF and my first kit of this stuff. PVA/Wood glue should hold it all together?

p.s. answer: umm.. i don't think so? and that's as it should be. i'm a freaking ray of sunshine, with my lovely Zim-themed posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MedMos

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
@Punktaku is a danger to his fellow citizens and should be purged. His crimes are serious and many.

One day there shall be but one thread, liked by many but touched by only Orange.

Carry on.

• Wow
Reactions: Punktaku

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I managed to dry fit everything but one nub. Is that unusual?
As mentioned, I only ever got one kit and it was from a different company. So I couldn't tell you, only that I had to do some sanding and a bit of cutting with my hobby knife to make everything fit. Not hard to do, a little like cleaning mold lines, it's just something I had to do before putting them together. But glad yours fit!

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
Punktaku: "Is that unusual?"
My opinion: "There seem to be big differences."

For example, here we measure everything in centimeters. That's why I extra bought a 2 'x 1' TT MDF gaming board. With the intention and hope of being able to combine it with 1 'x 1' plastic floor tiles. But this is out of the question because it is way too big! In the width it is 3 mm and in the length or depth even 4 mm! Poor qualitiy and far too much for me to work on myself. Unfortunately, I noticed it too late to be able to complain.

It's not the first time I've been disappointed with the accuracy from this manufacturer. I also have paint racks from the same manufacturer. I unpacked them immediately and started building. So I was able to claim in good time and got a fast replacement without any problems. The contact and service was good.

I also have from another manufacturer the "Test of Honour Scenery Set" from the 28 mm Japan series. There weren't any such problems with the accuracy and this set was a real pleasure. If I ever return to ToH and need terrain, I would still use MDF. I also think MDF goes well with historical or old themes.
But for my planned Necromunda table I prefer mostly plastic. Even if it means that I have to save some money for some time first.

Reactions: Punktaku

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Well, I like to make my scenery from junk. Plastic, wood, metal, etc. so this piece may look a bit weird, but at the same time that should help it fit right in as the tables one big mishmash anyway. Plus, it turns out this piece is actually an alternate topper for another piece (which I don’t have). So it’ll be situated with some junk to make it more my terrain.

I don’t know if I’ll get more of this stuff. So far it’s fun, but I haven’t broken out the glue yet. One side benefit is all the little cut-out junk bits. Totally saving those for future use. And I have two bonus ladders! They were intended to use to join the two official kits together.

Reactions: Sundown Dreamer

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
I’d add I’ve bought lots of stuff from TT Combat and have built two tables now out of the https://ttcombat.com/products/gaming-board with no problems at all, occasionally you have to “encourage” it but that’s no different from most MDF suppliers, its a limitation of the material it does swell etc.

I’m in no way sponsored by them, to be honest I’m just surprised based on my own experience. I’ve nothing but good words to say about both their MDF and Resin products.

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
It is clear to me that the materialscan work. But I think I can tell the difference. As long as it's only tight and something needs to be reworked, I wouldn't talk about it.

Yes, I have several of the resin products and they are all good and beautiful. And what I received from MDF directly from TT UK was also very good. - In retrospect, I had therefore even considered whether the other items could be B-goods or maybe fakes?

Last edited:

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Hero
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
Well, I like to make my scenery from junk. Plastic, wood, metal, etc. ....

Regardless of the fact that it is also a lot of fun, I think there are many things that cannot be done any other way. For example a mine, or a great wall, Escher bar with a companion meeting and so on. I still have a kind of "rock nest" as a hiding place in my head. I just can't decide yet whether the rocks should be a large mound of rubble or industrial ruins.

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
I feel like that would look ace with a small bit of circuit board... but looking good so far

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
When small Yaklings are being quiet, be very concerned... while I was at work today, my youngest decided to take apart a couple of my projects... “she was unusually quiet today” yeah, because she was intently taking things apart...

now I have to wonder what she’s done that I’m not aware of...

Reactions: Ben_S