Necromunda From Hoard To Hive (WIP Terrain)

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I guess so. Apparently I’ve run out of “out of reach” places (she loves to climb things) and somehow dad’s unpainted stuff has more appeal than colorful Paw Patrol and My Little Pony toys...

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I like her. As a climber myself (though less so, now I'm in my fourties), I can empathise with exploring dad's toys. My young'uns are climbers too.

Reactions: Punktaku

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
75DF0637-8FAF-4499-9272-ACE87B78142C.jpeg

so yesterday I worked, got out early because of an intense snow storm, took twice as long to get home as usual, then had to shovel out a parking space for myself thanks to the plow filling in my space, and had to dig out my wife’s car so she could go to work.So at bed time I was a bit tired. I didn’t notice until today that my climbing Yakling had broken and dismantled my painting lamp and then started using WIP miniatures as toys...

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
YAKLING TOWER
Cleaning up the kitchen scored 10 character drink bottles with no character lids (puppy chewed them up). Instead of tossing them, i figured I’d make something out of them as they have an unusual shape. So I threw this together.
The base is a mix CD I burned ages ago (“Punk + Pissed 1”) which is scratched and I can’t really play around the Yaklings anyway. Going upwards is the top of a baby bottle, the drink bottle that started it, an infant bottle top, and one of those Paw Patrol toy security devices. Needs some details. I don’t know if I’ll use all 10 like this. I think a couple would make cool supports for a raised walkway.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
So I’ve got four of these Yakling Towers because I only had four of the paw patrol security devices.

but then I found a fifth baby bottle top, so I made a fifth tower. The top is different, so I’m imagining this could be the control tower or central hub tower. Instead of a paw patrol piece, I used an Octonaut piece, an LOL doll bottle (I think) and a image wheel from a broken night light projector.

Pagumb

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Sep 10, 2020
Well on your way to building an Escher clan chymist relic or two there. Looking good.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Ah! Forgot the parts bits for the last two posts of Yakling Towers.

the tall brown things are from the injectors my Yakwife had to use with the last Yaklings (gestational diabetes). The shorter colored things are from magic markers that the Yaklings would leave off so the markers dried out. The short things with the orange pipes are playing pieces from a game of Sorry that the kids destroyed. The orange pipes are part of a Wendy’s kid’s meal toy from ages past.

Mutant Modifier

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
May 24, 2019
mutantmodifier.blogspot.com
Ah! Forgot the parts bits for the last two posts of Yakling Towers.

the tall brown things are from the injectors my Yakwife had to use with the last Yaklings (gestational diabetes). The shorter colored things are from magic markers that the Yaklings would leave off so the markers dried out. The short things with the orange pipes are playing pieces from a game of Sorry that the kids destroyed. The orange pipes are part of a Wendy’s kid’s meal toy from ages past.
Leftovers from Yaklings toys and utensils are just superb source of bits! My own Yakling is getting very good at scavenging scrap materials for our art projects (and my scratch built miniatures) from outdoors. Yakling gets all the shiny bits and found jewellry, while I get all the very nice looking broken parts of bike accessories and such, as well as cool shards of rocks etc.... ❤️

Reactions: Pagumb and Punktaku